These mixed nuts and seeds candies make a great edible gift for parties and festivals. Very healthy for kids and adults to snack on, they fill you up pretty easily, so go easy on the snacking part. Do try and let me know how you liked it.
250 grams of mixed nuts and seeds
– I have used almonds, cashewnuts, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, melon seeds, flax seeds
1 ring of dried pineapple, chopped roughly
2 slices of dried mango, chopped roughly
2 tbsp candied ginger
2 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp of raisins
2 tbsp of cranberries
2 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp butter
2 pinches of cinnamon powder
2 pinches of dry ginger powder
- First get you nuts and seeds measured, chop them roughly. In an over-proof tray, tip in all the nuts, drizzle a tsp of oil on top and mix it with your hands. Preheat the oven to 180C and roast the nuts for 8-10 minutes. Temperature and timing vary from oven to oven, so keep an eye on the nuts from 8th minute. Once they are done, remove from the oven, let them cool completely before you use them in the recipe.
- To the roasted nuts, add chopped pineapple, chopped mango, candied ginger, chia seeds, raisins and cranberries. Mix them well.
- Keep a small tray greased with butter, to shape the nut candy.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan, that would fit all the nuts, add honey and butter, keeping the flame simmer. When the honey and butter melts, add the cinnamon and ginger powder to it and whisk well.
- When it starts to bubble, take it off the stove, add the nuts and seeds to it, and give it a brisk stir. Pour this honey and nut mix to the buttered tray, smoothen the top with spatuala.
- Let this sit for 15-20 minutes to set. I actually left in the fridge for it to set fast, as i had to click pictures before the light fades off.
- After the said time, loosen the edges of the candy and invert it onto a chopping board and cut them into squares. Store it in an air-tight container. Mine got over the same day as both my kiddos loved it.