Curry leaves thogayal
A delcious condiment made with curry leaves, coconut, chilies and tamarind. Pair this thogayal with any south-indian breakfast idly, dosa or enjoy it with steaming hot rice.
- 1.5 cups curry leaves, only leaves cleaned
- 5-6 nos red chilies
- ¼ cup freshly grated coconut or frozen
- 2 tsp corinader seeds
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon oil any vegetable oil
- marble sized tamarind strings and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds kadugu
- ½ teaspoon urad dal
In a kadai, heat oil, add chana dal, urad daland chilies, roast until golden brown. Once the dal is browned, add curryleaves and saute until the leaves wilt.
Remove it from the stove, let it cool completely. Take this in a mixer, add tamarind, coconut and salt. Grind it to a smooth chutney using ¼ cup water.
Remove the chutney to a clean bowl, add tadka of mustard seeds urad dal if needed, Serve it along idly/dosa.