Ellorai |Sesame Seeds Rice - Mixed Rice, Lunch Box recipe
Ellorai, sesame seeds rice is a quick to make mixed rice recipe. A easy to make rice dish that can be packed for lunch box.
For the spice powder
- ¼ cup urad dal split black gram dal
- 2 tbsp chana dal
- ¼ cup black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 8-10 nos red chilies i used round variety
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds dhaniya vathal
- ¼ tsp hing/asafoetida
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
To Make Rice
- 1 cup cooked rice white/brown/matta
- 3 tbsp Sesame seeds spice powder/Ellorai powder
- 1 tsp gingely oil
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds/kadugu
- 1-2 nos red chilies
- ¼ tsp urad dal
- 3 tbsp broken cashewnuts/peanuts/almonds
- a sprig of curry leaf
Dry roast every ingredient given under spice powder, separately except hing and salt.
Let them cool well. Grind them along with hing and salt into a fine powder using a mixer.
To Make the Rice
Spread the cooked rice on a flat plate and fluff it up with a fork.
In a tadka pan, heat oil, splutter mustard seeds, add chili, curry leaves, urad dal and cashewnuts. Let the dal and nut brown a bit. Take it off the stove.
Add the sizzling tadka to rice, mix well. Add ellorai powder/sesame seeds spice powder and mix well.
Check the taste, adjust salt, if needed. Serve or pack with your favorite curry for a delicious meal.