Carrot Dosa | No Ferment Dosa | Vegetable Dosa
Carrot dosa, a quick and easy colorful dosa. A grind & pour dosa, that doesn't require any fermentation. A colorful and healthy breakfast recipe.
- 1 cup raw rice
- ¼ cup Parboiled rice
- ¾ cup grated carrots
- 5 nos red chilies pls check notes
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium-sized onion optional, skip if sattvic
- a small gooseberry-sized tamarind
- 1 teaspoon Salt or to taste
Wash and soak both rice together for 2-3 hours. Grind it along with rest of ingredients to a fine batter.
The batter should be of pouring consistency. Dilute the batter with water if necessary. I used around a cup of water to grind and added another ½ cup of water.
Heat a tava, pour a laddle of batter on the pan. I suggest pouring it from outside to inside like rava dosa. It can also be poured in the center and spread like normal dosa.
Dot the edges with gingely oil/ghee or any cooking oil. Flip and cook the other side too.
Serve it hot with chutney and podi.
- The dosa can be poured like rava dosa. Pour from the farther end of the pan and end it the center. I made it both the ways, it came out good.
- Tamarind adds nice tangi-ness to the dosa, it balances the sweetness of the carrots, so do not miss it.
- If you don't prefer chilies in the dosa, try using black pepper, cumin and raw coriander seeds.
- Do not skip adding spices as it balances the sweetness from the carrots.