Mixed beans and rice salad
Mixed beans and rice salad, an easy salad with mixed lentils, tossed with cooked rice. Most of my salad recipes have minimal dressings, i have used chilli, lemon and salt to flavor the salad.
- 1.5 cups mixed beans (a mix of garbanzo, kidney beans, mung beans, moth beans,whole masoor, white beans, black-eyed beans)
- 1 cup cooked rice white/brown rice
- 2 nos green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- handful of fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- handful of fresh coriander leaves finely choppped
- juice of a lemon
Soak the mixed beans overnight or at least 6 hours.
Drain the soaked beans, add fresh water to immerse the beans completely. Add ½ teaspoon salt to it. Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
Let the pressure release on its own. Drain the water completely. Take the drained beans in a large bowl.
If using leftover rice, microwave it for 30 seconds, and make it little warm. Add warm rice to the beans bowl. Toss well to combine.
To this bowl , now add chopped coriander, mint leaves, green chili, lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Give it a good toss to combine well.
Let the salad sit for 10 minutes for the flavors to mingle. Serve it immediately or refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve chilled.