|Magic of Folk Music, all totters, spell-bound!!!! 🙂|
I had a chance to taste their cuisine @ Choki Dani, a rajasthan type model village setup near chennai. We had fun time with the kids and the food was awesome.
|Our Chakuli, My Sister’s daughter, Gargi darling, showing her Veer Maratha Style !|
I m bringing you a simple dal from this state. The Famous Panchmel dal, amazing combination of 5 legumes with a hint of spice, serves an awesome combo to Steaming hot rice and a dollop of ghee.
- Soak the dals together in water for at least two hours. Then drain and take them in a pressure cooker, add green chli and tumeric and salt. Pressure cook for 4-5 whistles or until soft.
- Once the pressure is down, remove the cooked dal from the cooker. Now for tempering, heat oil in a kadai, crackle cumin seeds, hing/asafoetida, broken red chilies, saute for a minute
- Next add chopped tomateos, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and 1/4 cup of water. Let the tomateos cook until soft and mushy.
- Now add the pressure cooked dal to this and add 1/2 cup water. Taste check and adjust salt, let this simmer for 10 minutes in a for the flavors to mingle.
- Finally add garam masala powder and fresh coriander leaves, take it off the stove. Serve with Steaming hot rice.