2 cups Bread flour/All purpose flour
1.5 teaspoon instant yeast
½ cup Warm milk
2 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon sugar
2 pinches of salt
Oil for deep frying
100 gms dark chocolate bar
2 tablespoon of water
- In a large bowl, take flour, yeast, sugar and salt together. Whisk well to mix together. Rub oil/butter into the flour mix. Now slowly add warm milk to this and start kneading a soft dough.
- The dough is pretty easy to handle. Knead the dough for 5 minutes to get a soft dough. Let the dough rest in a well oiled bowl for 90 minutes or until it is double in volume.
- Punch down the dough, roll the dough into an rectangle about 0.5 inch thick. Using a round cookie cutter (about 5cm in diameter), cut roundels of the dough and let it rest on a parchment laid baking pan. i got about dozen doughnts for the above quantity.
- Let the doughnuts rest again for another hour or until it doubles in size. Brush the top with milk and butter.
- Preheat the oven to 220C and bake around 15 minutes or until it is browned. Do not bake more or it will become dry.
- Once they are out of the oven, brush the top again with some butter.
- Melt the chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Once melted, fill it in a piping bag and punch the sides of the doughnut with the pipping bag and pipe some chocolate into the doughnut.
- Take sugar in a bowl, add water to it and make smooth liquid. Pour the glaze over the doughnuts and let the glaze dry a bit and serve.