The inspiration for this dosa is from Lincy’s space. It is a grind & pour dosa, that adds up for the inspiration to make this, he, he!!!
You don’t need dal for this dosa, it can be made with rice alone. I added the dal for giving it a little protein power.
If made only with rice and the pumpkin, the dosa has a lovely yellow tinge. I didn’t have dehusked urad dal, so added the one with skin, that is why my dosa has a dark color. Neverthless, the taste was awesome and that is what matters the most!!!
- Wash and soak rice and dal together in water for 3 hours. Drain and grind them together to a fine batter. Remove the batter to a wide bowl. To the same mixer take chopped pumpkin, chilies, coriander and curry leaves. grind into a fine paste. Add this to the batter and mix well.
- I used my mixer to grind the batter. So I ground the rice and dal first then the vegetables. If using grinder you can take the rice-daland the veggies together and grind it to a fine batter. Now let the ground batter sit for 30 minutes.
- Before making dosa check the consistency of the batter, if very thick like idly batter add 1/2 cup of water, stir and make dosa.
- Heat a pan/ tava for dosa. The tava should be hot, when u splash water on the hot tava, it should make that sizzle sound.
- Pour a ladle of batter in the center of the tava, spread to make a circle. Dot the edges with gingery oil/ghee.
- Let it cook for a minute or until the edges turn brown & crisp. Flip and cook the other side for a minute.
- Remove the dosa on a plate, serve with chutney of your choice. I served with Fenugreek leaves chutney/menthi koora pachadi.