Inspired from : Raks Kitchen
- Soak Rice and Dal together and Sago Separately for an hour. After the given time, Drain them completely. Take the Rice-Dal mixture,along with the seasonings except salt and hing, in a mixer and grind to a coarse paste without adding water.
- While Grinding, try not to grind for a long time, just pulse it in a particular speed for a minute, stop and pulse again. Grinding continuously in a particular speed, might give u fine paste instead of coarse mixture.
- Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl, add the sago, salt, hing, mix well.
- Heat oil in a Deep Kadai, When the oil is hot enough, Make Pebble-size balls of the Vadai Mixture and drop them into hot oil. Depending on the size of the kadai,add about 7-8 balls @ a time, do not overcrowd the pan.
- Deep fry them until golden brown, drain on a paper towel. Serve Hot with Coconut Chuntey
- Take all the given ingredients in a mixer and grind it to a fine paste adding 1/4 cup of water. Depending the consistency add some more water if you want. We prefer slightly thick chutney.
- Heat oil given under “Tempering” in a small sauce pan, Splutter mustard seeds, add urad dal, hing and curry leaves, When the dal turns brown, add it to the chutney.
- In-case, if the batter is too loose to hold shape, add a handful of Rice Flour to the batter and mix well and refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- Adding Onion and Sago are purely optional. When added, Onion gives a nice taste and sago gives a good texture.