2 cups of Rawa/Sooji/Semolina
2 cups of Sour Yoghurt,Whisked
1 teaspoon of Eno Fruit Salt or ½ teaspoon baking soda
Salt to taste
2 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1 onion, finely sliced
1 carrot, grated
1 capsicum, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon sambar powder (or you can add 2 green chilies too)
hing a pinch
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and roast the Semolina, until it gives out a nice aroma, Watch the flame. Mix the roasted semolina with the yoghurt and salt.
- If the batter is too thick you can add little more yoghurt or Water. I normally use Thick Buttermilk instead of Yoghurt.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, add onion, curry leaves, hing and ginger and saute for a minute. Then add the veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add sambar powder and cover and cook for 5 minutes until the rawness escapes. Once done, remove and add this to the rava batter, Mix well.
- Next add the fruit salt or baking soda to the batter and mix well. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Grease the Idly plates and Pour the batter into the moulds and steam cook for 10 minutes in a slow flame.
- When done, Take it out of the steamer, Give it a minute to cool and then unmould. Enjoy with any Spicy Chutney.
- We Enjoyed it with some Ivy gourd chutney and tiffen sambar.