The dietary-culture of this region is mostly reflected in the pattern of food production. Depending on the altitude variation, finger millet, wheat, buckwheat, barley, vegetable, potato, soybeans are cultivated.Today i m bringing you a simple bread Kodo ko roti. It is a typical pancake prepared from finger millet locally called Kodo which is served with different varieties if pickles. I m serving it with a simple but hot tomato achar.
- Mix finger millet flour-sugar with of lukewarm water and make a thick batter.
- Heat a Tava/frying pan, Pour a laddle full of batter in the center and spread to make a round roti.
- Dot the edges with ghee, cook thoroughly on both sides over medium heat. Remove and serve hot with Tomato achar.
- Boil 2 Cups of water, add the tomatoes. Remove from heat, cover and keep for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tomatoes and peel the skin. Mash the pulp roughly with potato masher
- Roughly mince green chilies using a mortar and pestle, add this to mashes tomatoes. Mix well. Serve with Kodo ko Roti or can be served along with piping hot momos too.