So For today i have chosen to Revisit One of My First Recipes, i posted when i started this blog : Black-Eyed Bean Sundal/Dry Saute.
My Old Picture
1 Cup Black-Eyed Peas/Lobia
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp Turmeric
Fresh Coriander leaves for garnishing
Roast n Grind
1/2 tbsp Coriander seeds/Dhania
1/2 tbsp Chana Dal/Gram Dal
4-5 nos Red Chilies, i have used round variety
1/2 tbsp Dessicated Coconut Powder
1 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Chana Dal/Gram Dal
1/4 tsp Urad Dal/Split Black Gram Dal
2 nos Red Chilies, split
2 Sprigs of Curry leaves
hing a pinch
- Soak Black-eyed pea/Lobia Overnight or 8 hours in water.
- Pressure cook the Black-eyed Peas/Lobia with salt and turmeric for 3-4 whistles or until soft. Drain the excess water and keep the peas ready.
- Dry Roast the ingredients given under ‘Roast n Grind’ and grind it to a powder in a Mixer.
- Heat oil given under ‘Tempering’, in a non-stick pan. Splutter mustard seeds, add red chilies, curry leaves, hing and the both the dal.
- When the Dal turns brown, reduce the flame and add the cooked Black-eyed peas, add the ground powder and mix well.
- Let it Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Coriander leaves, Mix well and Take it off the stove.
- Serve Hot with Evening Coffee or Tea. I even have it as a accompaniment for my Lunch.