a pinch red chili powder
Tomato sauce/Ketchup for spreading
- Heat oil in pan, when it is hot, add chopped garlic and saute. When they turn brown,add chopped capsicum and saute for a minute or two.
- Next add red chili powder, pav bhaji masala and salt. Mix well. Let it cook for 2 more minutes for the rawness of the masala to escape and the spices to blend well with the veggies.
- Do not add water or cook the veggies more than 2/3 minutes. The idea is to blend the spices with capsicums, while keeping their crunch.
- Next add crumbled paneer, mix well and take it off the stove after 2 minutes. Let it cool.
- Take Flour in a wide bowl. Add Kasuri methi, haldi,red chili powder and salt. Mix well to combine
- Add enough water and knead to make a soft dough. At the end add oil, knead well. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting make the stuffing and keep it ready.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls. With the above given measurements you might get approximately 6 balls.
- Roll the dough into not so thick or thin circles. Heat a tava/pan, Cook the roti’s on the tava until you see brown speckles on both sides. Keep it covered until use.
To Make the sandwich (2 methods)
- I make the sandwich directly on the tava. While cooking the second roti, after cooking one side, flip the roti, reduce the flame to simmer, spread the ketchup and filling on the cooked side of the roti, place the cheese and close it with another cooked roti. Apply butter on top and carefully flip it, to toast the other side.
- Please remember to keep the flame LOW while making the sandwich directly on the Tava. You can even make sandwich using a single roti, folding it into half.
- If you are not confident enough to make it directly on the tave, then make the roti’s first, assemble the sandwich separately and then toast it again to make the sandwich, whichever way is convenient to you.