2 cups Whole Wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded carrots (2 large carrots)
2 apples, peeled cored and shredded
¼ cup of black raisins
¼ cup of pumpkin and sunflower seeds, mixed
¼ cup chopped walnuts
¼ cup orange juice
¾ cup curd
¾ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup oil
a pinch of salt
- Grease 12 muffin pan or lay them with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda. To this add sugar and whisk to combine.
- To the flour mixture, add shredded carrots, shredded apples. Mix well with a spatuala. Add the nuts, raisins and seeds to this and mix.
- In another bowl, mix together curd and water. To this add orange juice, oil and vanilla extract. Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Now slwly add the wet to the dry and using a spatuala, fold everything together. Divide the prepared batter into the muffin hole. I got around 15 large muffins.
- I baked 3 separately in a silicon muffin mould. Top the muffins with some pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds. I added toppings for half, as my kids don’t like studded top muffins.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Since i baked in my Gas oven, it took me only 20 minutes, Oven timings and temperature vary from brand to brand. So do, know your oven and bake accordingly.
- Once done, remove the muffins from the oven, let them cool completely on a wire rack, Store them in a air-tight container. I have kept them in the refrigerator. Just before serving, reheat them for 20 seconds in the microwaver and serve warm.