Apple cinnamon muffins, an eggless, whole wheat muffin. A perfect breakfast muffin, with shredded apples, warm cinnamon and dry fruits.
Apple muffins | Muffins for breakfast | cinnamon flavored muffins | Dry fruit muffins | Eggless muffins with apples | Whole wheat muffins with apples | Whole wheat eggless muffins | Wheat flour muffins | Apple dry fruit muffins | How to make eggless muffins | How to make apple muffins | Step by step instructions for eggless muffins
Table of contents
Why you should bake these Apple Cinnamon Muffins?
- Loaded with shredded apples and dry fruits these muffins are perfect for breakfast.
- They get done in 16 minutes. You can bake them the previous day night and enjoy them warm for breakfast next morning.
- Breakfast on the go, just pack them in an air-tight container or in a brown paper bag, enjoy them on your way to office/school.
- They make a great snack for school box. My younger one loves them as his mid day snack. My elder and my husband enjoy these as post lunch/dinner dessert.
- Best way to use up apples that are lying unattended. Ha, ha! don't get me wrong. Husband loves apples, so he buys in kilos. Though we love eating them as such, how much can we eat! So I make these often at home, kiddos happy, hubby happy, apples too are very much happy.
More Apple Recipes
If you are like us have tons of apples and thinking of how to use it? don't worry I got you covered.
- Delish Apple Kesari , made of semolina and shredded apples.
- A simple Apple-pie roll-ups, made of bread and sweet cinnamon apple stuffing.
- Make this sinful apple-pie sandwich for breakfast.
- Or Try this yummilicious Overnight apple fritters monkey bread
- How about some Apple hand pies, cute, delish and portion-controlled.
Ingredients needed to bake these Cinnamon Apple Muffins
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons I bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Baking powder is used in this cinnamon apple muffin recipe.
- Milk, liquid used to make these loaded whole wheat apple muffins.
- Flax egg, I have used 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with ¼ cup of water as an replacement for 1 egg.
- Shredded apples, of course the main ingredient in this whole wheat apple muffin recipe.
- Fat, I have used butter in this recipe, you can also substitute it with any flavorless oil.
- Flavorings, I have used cinnamon in the recipe, obviously the best match for apples. You can also use other warm spices like cardamom, nutmeg and clove or a mix of all these spices in this apple muffins.
- I have added some dried fruits like apricots, kiwi, dried coconut to the cinnamon apple muffins. If you don't prefer dried fruits you can add nuts or some chocolate chips.
Follow me on Social Media
How to make Eggless Apple Muffins
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Preheat the Oven to 160C. Grease or line the muffin pan with liners/parchment. I got 9 muffins from this measurement.
- Measure and keep all the ingredients ready on the kitchen counter. I have provided both cup and weight measure for the ingredients.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and the dried fruits.
- In another wide bowl, add the wet ingredients. Start with milk, add sugar and whisk well for the sugar to dissolve.
- To this now add flax egg and butter, mix well. Dump the shredded apples to this and mix well.
- Add flour mix to the wet ingredients in batches. Use a whisk to combine. finally use a spatula to combine it well.
- Divide the batter into the lined muffin pans and bake in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes. Mine were done by 16 minutes.
- Remove the muffins and let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes then carefully remove them onto a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- Pack them for school snack box, enjoy them with your morning coffee or evening tea. They are perfect for on the go breakfast/snack.
Recipe Card for Apple Muffins
Eggless Apple Cinnamon Muffins | Breakfast Muffins
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- Whisk and spatula
- Convection oven
- Weighing Scale for measuring ingredients optional
- 175 grams Whole wheat flour Approximately 1 cup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 130 grams sugar, approximately ½ cup I have made this both white and brown sugar
- 45 grams melted butter unsalted, approximately ¼ cup
- 110 ml milk approximately ¼ cup
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, mixed with ¼ cup warm water
- 2 nos medium sized apples, shredded with peel weighing 230 grams together.
- 55 grams dried fruits, approximately ¼ cup i used a combination of dried kiwi, apricots, pineapple, papaya
- Preheat the oven to 160 C. Grease/line the muffin pan with muffin holder/parchment. I got 9 medium sized muffins, each weighting approximately 80 grams.
- I have provided both cup and weight measurements of the ingredients. Measure and keep all the ingredients ready on the kitchen counter
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and dry fruits together. Use a whisk and combine well to make a nice mixture.
- In another wide bowl, take milk and add sugar to it. Whisk well for the sugar to dissolve.
- To this milk sugar mix, add butter , flax egg and shredded apples and whisk well to combine.
- To this wet mix, add flour mix in 3 batches. I added ¼ cup of flour at a time and used a whisk to combine well.
- After adding all the flour mix to the wet mix, use a spatula and combine well. See to that there is no dry flour left in the mix.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tins. I filled each muffin hole upto ¾th.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Oven timings and temperature differs from oven to oven. So bake accordingly.
- Once done, remove the muffins from the oven. Let them sit in the muffin pan for 5 minutes. Then carefully remove them on to a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- The muffins stay good on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If storing for more days, i recommend refrigerating in an air-tight container.
- If serving muffins from the refrigerator, reheat each muffin for 20 seconds and serve warm.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
Enjoy these delish eggless loaded with apple and dry fruits muffins for your breakfast or as a snack anytime.
Store & Serve
As I have mentioned in the recipe card, these cinnamon apple muffins stay fresh on the counter for a day or two. If you are storing it for long, I recommend refrigerating them in an air-tight container.
If serving muffins from the refrigerator, reheat them in the microwave for 20 seconds and serve warm.