1 cup of Whole Wheat flour
1 & 1/4 cup of All purpose flour
2 & 1/4 tsp instant yeast
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 tbsp cinnamom powder
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp butter
- I used my food processor for making the dough. The dough can also be hand-kneaded. Take both the flours, yeast, sugar , salt in the food processor jar. Pulse twice for the ingredients to mix well.
- Take milk in a saucepan and just boil it to get hot, no need to boil, take it off the stove. Add butter to the hot milk.
- Add this Milk-butter to the flour mix and start kneading a soft dough. The dough will be super soft, slightly sticky to touch, It will come easily off the processor bowl.
- Remove the dough from the processor bowl. Knead well. place it in a well-oiled bpwl, Let it sit covered for an hour, for the dough to double.
- While the dough is resting, mix together the ingredients given under filling in a small bowl and set aside. Preheat the oven to 200C
- Once it doubles, remove the dough to a well-floured working surface. Knead the dough couple of times, roll it into a rectangle of 12×16.
- Spread the filling well on the rolled out dough, leaving an inch around the corners. Now, roll the dough into a tight log. Cut off the corners using a serrated knife, to get an even-edge on the log.
- Cut the log lengthwise into two, using a sharp serrated knife. Keeping the inner layers seen on top, start braiding the two lengths of dough, bring together the edges and tuck it beneath to form a wreath. Transfer the wreath to a parchment-lined baking tray. I stuffed the edges i cut off the log, in the middle of the kringle, so it bakes like wreath, with a gap in the center.
- Brush the top with the remaining cinnamon-butter mix. Bake in a preheated oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool for sometime on a wire-rack. Serve it warm with some dusted sugar on top.