So, at those times, this colorful and zesty fruit salad comes to my rescue and my hubby is a huge fan for fruit salads, he can skip a meal enjoying a bowl of this. I usually add only honey and a dash of pepper to my fruit salads. But recently i came across this honey, lemon & mint dressing.
Oh my god, what a zingy and zesty dressing, definitely try this one and you will never make a fruit salad without this dressing!
I actually strained the last drop of dressing that was left in the bowl after relishing the fruit salad, oh god, it tasted so good,you can actually slurp it with a spoon separately. The pepper and salt gives a nice burst of spice and adds a nice balance to the zesty dressing.
arils of 1/2 a pomegranate
few scoops of watermelon
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients of the dressing. Keep it refrigerated until use.
- Wash all the fruits, chop banana, plums, red grapes. Remove the arils of the pomegranate. Use a melon-baller and scoop the watermelon.
- Toss all the fruits together in a bowl, pour the dressing on top, toss well. Let the salad sit for 30 minutes minimum for all the flavors to mingle well.
- If you are planning to make ahead, refrigerate the salad, remove 30 minutes before serving, add the dressing and serve.
- Before serving, add the almonds, powdered pepper ,salt and serve.
- Serve it right and enjoy your Dessert.