Mango lassi, a thick smoothie like drink made with delicious mangoes and yogurt. Sometimes it is flavored with cardamom or saffron or both.
Lassi a simple drink with beaten yogurt and sugar is favorite of many across india. Lassi, can be made sweet or salt. I have quite a few savory lassi drinks in my blog.
Savory lassi recipes
We all are mango lovers at home. Who isn't? There must be very less human beings in this world, who don't like the king of fruits. I m married into a mango-fantatic family.
My husband and my younger one are crazy mango lovers. My younger one loves to eat fresh, luscious mangoes and he loves them in smoothies and kheers. This mango lassi is one way, he enjoys his mangoes.
When to enjoy this lassi
Mango lassi is a yogurt based drink, made with mangoes, yogurt and milk. The lassi can be mildly flavored with cardamom pods or saffron.
Mango lassi is one of the best ways to enjoy fresh mangoes. This lassi serves as a wonderful snack between meals. As it is very filling.
This smoothie makes a yumm breakfast as it includes all classic elements fruits, milk and yogurt that makes it a healthy breakfast.
This healthy mango lassi makes an excellent drink with an elaborate Indian thali, like dal, rice, roti, subzi. Mango lassi, as an accompaniment helps to wash down all that heavy food.
- Mango, i have used fresh mango pulp. You can always use sweetened, canned mango pulp. If using canned ones, do not add any sugar.
- Milk, i have used fresh full fat milk. i have not tried it with plant-based milk.
- Yogurt, i have used fresh full fat yogurt. Low-fat yogurt is also a good option.
- Cardamom, i have used fresh cardamom pods as flavoring. Saffron also adds a wonderful flavor to the mango lassi.
- Pistachios for garnish. Adding sugar is optional. As the mango pulp was sweet enough, i haven't added any sugar in my lassi.
- ½ cup fresh mango pulp i have used 1 sindhri mango
- ½ cup milk i have used fresh full fat milk
- ½ cup fresh yogurt i have used full fat
- a pod of cardamom, seeds only
- few pistachios for garnish
- teaspoon sugar optional
- Take mango pulp, milk and yogurt along with cardamom, crushed pistachios and sugar in a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Pour in tall glasses and serve chilled garnished with crushed pistachios
- Since all my ingredients were chilled, i didn't add ice cubes, if using room temperature ingredients, add few ice cubes for a chilled drink
- I have used fresh mango pulp, you can also use canned pulp. Be aware canned pulp will be sweetned
- Adding sugar is optional, the mango pulp i have used was sweet enough, so i haven't added any.
- I have used cardamom for flavoring the lassi, you can also use saffron.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
If you are looking for more interesting fruit smoothies recipes, check the list below
- Mango pomo, orange vegan smoothie
- Persimmon Smoothie with Almonds and Date Syrup
- Kiwi Strawberry Coconut Milk Smoothie
So good to know u r enjoying your break back home... blogging home is a challenge, the net is just so irritating! That dripping from the mug, I feel like stretching my fingers, cleaning that up and licking it off... hehe... Love mango lassi any time...
luscious mango Lassi... feeling like having them now
Hard to take my eyes from this thick and delightful drink. That dripping lassi from the mug makes this lassi more attractive.
The lassi looks creamy rich and absolutely delectable ! Beautiful photography makes it all the more desirable .
Ahh just feel like having it right away. Lovely pic too.
Mango lassi is a tasty drink for summer. Nice click.
That's our family favorite...Can finish it off that in no time...looks lip smacking dear
This mango lassi making me drooling over Priya. In summer surely chilled lassi will give relief.
Jagruti's Cooking Odyssey
I can imagine how hard it is to get back to routine after a break, nice to see you come back with this my favourite Mango lassi, just droolicious!!
One if my favorite lassi! Especially during summer:) love the color and flavor:)
Wow, so lovely and can pack right away for lunch.
Summer means Mango lassi is a must ..... such a tasty drink for hot days !!