For the last day, here i m with a sandwich from the humble idly. Idly, a South-indian Rice Cake, Loved by Many. But has that many haters too, especially kids!!! Nothing bores them down, like a Idly on a busy Morning!!! That too when the idly is not as fluffy as it should be. Yup, today morning breakfast, didnt turn out that good, i might have added too much water to the batter, my idlies came out little flat. My Kiddo already doesn’t refer idlies, What to do, I had different plan for sandwich, but then changed the idea and made these cute filling idly sandwiches!!! Needless to stay, I literally locked the room to finish clicking pictures!!!
- Grind the Ingredients given under “To Grind” to a coarse paste.
- Wash, Peel and Chop the cucumber into small pieces. Take it in a bowl, add coarsely ground masala, add hung yogurt and Salt. Mix well.
- Using a Idly steamer, Steam Cook 4 Idlies. Let it cool, umould it and take it on a plate.
- Make a horizontal slit on the idly, like a burger bun. But do not cut into 2 slices. Make a Slit, so you can open n close the idly.
- Spread 2 spoonfuls of Minty Cucumber spread on the idly. Close.
- Spread a blob of Tomato-Chilly Sauce, Garnish with mint leaves and Serve Immediately.