Vegetable cheese toast, a crispy, crunchy, cheesy toast made in the oven, in flat 10 minutes. A quick and easy recipe, that gets done in minutes, makes a hearty breakfast and brunch.
Cheese toast | Vegetable toast | Vegetable cheese toast | Toast in Oven | Cheese toast in oven | Mixed vegetable cheese sandwich | Sandwich for breakfast | Cheese sandwich for a crowd | Sandwich party
Let's make a Hearty Toast
We love a good sandwich anytime, any day. At home Sunday breakfast is husband's duty and he makes delicious toast every time. He makes a killer Mixed vegetable and cheese sandwich.
Kids at home are happy with sandwiches for all 3 meals of the day. So, naturally my kitchen has a collection of sandwiches of all kinds. Though both my kids prefer a simple Labneh sandwich, chutney & cheese sandwich or a simple banana honey sandwich, its me who get bored of the same things.
So, I keep changing the stuffing to make the toast a bit interesting and to make them eat certain fruits or veggies which otherwise never gets attention.
If you love fruity sandwiches check this Strawberry salsa & labneh cheese toast and Strawberry mango & cream cheese toast. Like half the universe I love Avocado Toast for breakfast, such a hearty meal.
Wanna bake your own Bread?
- Honey Oats Bread
- White Bread
- Whole wheat sandwich load - vegan
- Hokkaido milk bread
- Whole wheat oats & chia bread
- Panmarino - Potato Rosemary bread
- Bread, I have used brown bread in this cheese toast recipe, you can use any bread of your choice.
- Vegetables, I have used a mix of capsicums, black and green olives, pickled jalapenos in the recipe.
- Cheese, I have used shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese in this toast.
- Spices, I have used mixed herbs and oregano along with freshly pounded black pepper and Vegan sriracha Mayo sauce in this hearty toast.
- Fat, good old butter, i have used unsalted amul butter for this toast.
Follow me on Social Media
How to make Cheese Toast in the Oven.
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Take a Sheet pan, line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Line the bread on the lined sheet pan. Apply butter on the top side of the bread.
- Put the tray and change the oven setting to convection with top rod on and set that timer to 4 minutes. After this time, remove the bread from the oven, the top would have browned nicely.
- While the bread is getting toasted, chop the capsicums, toss it along with black and green olives, jalapenos along with mixed herbs, freshly pounded black pepper and oregano seasoning. Add shredded mozzarella to this an give it a good toss.
- Now back to the sheet pan, flip the bread with the untoasted side on top, apply butter, place a slice of cheddar cheese, top it with veggie and cheese mix, add a dash of vegan sriracha mayo sauce or any sauce of your choice.
- Close the the tops with another toasted slice with the toasted side inside. Apply another coat of butter on top and now into the oven, with 4 minutes timer.
- Remove once done, Slice and serve. The baked toast can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter for 8-10 hours. Warm the toast for 10 seconds and serve.
Do you like this Cheese Toast? PIN IT!
Cheese sandwich for brunch | Sandwich party | How to make Vegetable Cheese sandwich in Oven | Stepwise instructions to make cheese sandwich in Oven | Recipe for Vegetable Cheese sandwich | Recipe for making cheese sandwich in the Oven
Recipe Card for Oven made Cheese Toast
Vegetable Cheese Toast | Cheese Toast in Oven | Sheet Pan Cheese Toast
- Convection oven
- Sheet pans
- Parchment paper
- 20 slices brown bread any bread of your choice
- 10 slices Cheddar cheese
- 200 grams shredded mozzarella cheese
- 50 grams melted unsalted butter
- 3 nos medium sized capsicums sliced thin
- 3 tablespoon pickled green olives sliced
- 3 tbsp pickled black olives sliced
- 3 tablespoon pickled jalapenos chopped
- mixed herbs
- dried oregano
- freshly pounded black pepper
- vegan sriracha mayo sauce any sauce of your preference
- Take out your sheet pans or use the flat pans that came with your oven. Line it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 200c
- Arrange the bread on the lined sheet pan. I can do 6 slices at a time, so i used 2 sheet pans at a time.
- Using a silicon brush, brush butter on top of the bread. Push the tray into the middle rack of the oven with the top rod on in convection mode. set the timer for 4 minutes.
Let us make the stuffing
- While the bread is toasting, let us make the stuffing for the toast. Wash and slice the capsicums thin, toss the black and green olives. Add the chopped jalapenos.
- To this vegetable mix, now add shredded mozzarella along with mixed herbs and oregano seasonings. Add the freshly pounded black pepper to this and give it a good toss. I use my hands to mix it all well together.
Let us make the Cheese toast
- By this time, the timer will be done on the bread toasting in the oven. Remove the bread. Flip them, so the toasted side goes down.
- Brush the top with butter, place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the bread, place 1-2 tablespoon of vegetable cheese stuffing, add a dash of sriracha mayo, close it with another slice with toasted side in.
- Brush the tops with butter again, push the tray back into the middle rack of the preheated oven with top rod on, set the timer to 4 minutes.
- Once done, remove the tray out of the oven. Let the toast cool down for a minute. Slice and serve.
- Please note, the oven temperatures and baking time depends on the Oven models. So adjust timings accordingly.
- Any remaining toast, can be stored in an air-tight container for 8-10 hours on the kitchen counter. I usually warm them for 10 seconds and serve again.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.