Banana honey walnut sandwich, a hearty sandwich with fresh bananas and crunchy walnuts, drizzled with golden honey and toasted to perfection. An aromatic and flavorsome sandwich that makes a great meal anytime.
Sandwich Recipe | Sandwich ideas | Sandwich Breakfast | How to make Banana Honey sandwich | Crunchy and Nutty Sandwich | Easy Sandwich Ideas | Easy Breakfast Ideas | Fruit and nut Sandwich | Quick Meal Ideas | Honey and Nut Sandwich Ideas | How to make Banana Honey Sandwich
The Best Sandwich Ever
Banana honey walnut sandwich, a regular at home. I don't know why i haven't blogged it all these days. It my kiddo's favorite too. It is one of the most requested school lunch box recipe next to pasta and our south-indian idli
The warm bread, with mushy banana's, sweet honey and crunchy walnuts create a taste heaven in every bite you take. Sometimes, the honey oozes through the holes in the bread, and gives a caramelized taste to the banana honey walnut sandwich, it is absolutely indescribable.
This colorful Mixed Vegetable and cheese sandwich , was most sought after recipe in the blog when it was shared, almost a decade ago. If you love a mildly sweet sandwich, check this delish plum cheesecake sandwich, made with fresh plum compote and cream cheese, drizzled with chocolate sauce.
More Hearty Sandwich Ideas
Ingredients for Banana & Walnut Sandwich
- Banana, don't use over-ripen banana to make these Banana honey walnut sandwich. This might make the sandwich overly sweet, which we don't want, balance is the key. Try to use a ripe, yet firm banana.
- Honey and walnuts the best you can get. We had the blessing of a bee-hive in our balcony, the bees were there for a year and left the hive. We thought the hive was empty, and tried to remove it. But bees left their rent with this golden liquid, a cup of beautiful, golden, sticky honey, the purest we have ever seen and tasted.
- Bread, i have used brown/white/multigrain for making these sandwiches, they taste absolutely yumm with all these type of breads.
Step by Step Instructions to Make Honey Walnut Sandwich
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Keep all the ingredients ready on the table.
- Cut the banana into roundels and place it on a slice of bread. Drizzle a generous spoon of honey, crush 2-3 walnuts and spread on the bread.
- Sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon. Close with another slice.
- Toast the bread with butter on both sides to golden.
- If serving immediately, garnish it with a drizzle of honey on top. Can be packed for school lunch box too.
Banana Honey & Walnut Sandwich | Easy Breakfast Recipe
- 4 slices of bread white/brown/multi-grain
- 1 banana sliced into roundels, i used Philippines banana
- 6 walnuts chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder optional
- 2 teaspoon Honey or as needed
- 2 tbsp butter for toasting the bread
- Keep all ingredients ready on the counter. I prefer to assemble the sandwiches first and then proceed to toasting.
- Place 7-8 cut roundels of banana onto 1 slice of bread. Break 2-3 whole walnuts and add it on top of the bananas.
- Squeeze a generous serving of honey on top of the bananas.
- Add a dash of cinnamon. Close it with another slice. Repeat the above steps with another slice of the bread.
- Let;s get to toasting. Heat a pan, i prefer my cast iron pan for toasting my sandwiches.
- Once the pan is hot, reduce the flame to medium. Spread butter on one side of the sandwich. Place the buttered side on the hot tava. Let it sizzle and cook for a minute.
- Now slather butter on the top side, flip and cook the other side too for a minute. Flip and cook until both the sides are golden brown.
- Do not increase the flame, it might burn the sandwiches. Be patient and toast in medium flame. The aroma of sandwiches with cinnamon and honey would be awesome.
- Once done, remove the sandwich from the hot tava, If serving immediately, drizzle some honey on top, slice and serve.
- If packing for school box, let it sit on the counter for 2 minutes. Slice and pack in an air-tight container.
- The sandwich stays good on the counter for 4-5 hours. Even a cold banana sandwich tastes amazing. If you prefer it warm, you can warm it in the microwave for a minute and enjoy warm.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.