Navrathri is around the Corner!!! I love Navrathri, Love Decorating Golu and Doing something Extra for every Golu. This Golu too, i have planned something, hopefully it comes out good. When we hear Navrathri, the first thing comes to our mind is the Sundal!!!! So today i m posting a simple and easy to make Moong Dal Sundal.
1/2 Cup Moong Dal/Pasiparuppu
1 tbsp Freshly grated Coconut
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oil
1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
3 Red Chilies, Round Variety
a sprig of Curry leaf
1/8 tsp hing
- Soak Moong Dal for 30 minutes and Cook on a Stove top with little turmeric and salt until done.
- It Takes about 8-10 minutes for the Dal to cook, after the water starts boiling. It should not turn mushy.
- Heat a Non-Stick pan, with oil given under “Tempering”. Add Mustard seeds, when it crackles, throw the red chilies, curry leaf, and hing. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked Moong dal, Stir to combine the spices. Adjust Salt. Add Coconut and Give it a stir. Let it Simmer for a minute or two for the Spices to combine.
- Take it off the stove, Serve Warm.