Baking Partners this month, Swathi chose to make Cheese cake, she gave us four recipes to choose from and i chose Sweatha's suggestion No Bake Mango Cheese Cake from Divine Taste.
Though i got all the ingredients ready the same week, but then my lil one got sick, Viral Fever for 2 weeks, so totally got tied up and couldn't do the bake on time. Then finally last weekend, i made it for Dinner and man, we enjoyed it a lot!!!! I had to save few slices for the Click the next day, it was that yum!!
1 ½ cups digestive biscuits/plain sweet biscuits, crushed
½ cup butter (preferably salted butter), chopped
½ cup fine sugar or powdered sugar
3 cups thick full cream yogurt
1 cup water
¼ Cup Chinagrass or Agar Agar
2.5 Cups of Mango Puree, i used canned mangoes, Fresh Mangoes can also be used
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Mango Glaze
½ cup Mango Puree
2 tablespoon water
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
Hung Yogurt n Paneer
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth lined colander over a container and allow to drain overnight to get half the quantity thick yogurt.
- For making Paneer, boil 2 litres of Milk, add a juice of lemon when it starts to boil keep stirring until the whey separates completely. Add 7-8 ice-cubes, take t off the stove. Strain it over a cheese-cloth lined colander. Collect the whey completely.
Prepare the crust
- Place all the biscuits in a sealed plastic bag (Zip loc) and with a rolling pin beat until the biscuits are powdered or use your blender to do the job.
- Once this is done put the biscuits in a large mixing bowl. Put in the butter and rub with your hands until the mixture is well mixed. Alternatively, process the biscuits in a food processor until fine, drop in the butter and process again until the mixture is properly blended.
- Remove the mixture and press it evenly into the base of an 8” deep round spring-form pan or any pan with a removable bottom or a 9” regular round pan. Chill in the freezer for 15 minutes or in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Prepare the filling
- Break the china grass into small pieces and soak in 1 cup warm water for about 10 minutes until it becomes soft.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade or blender place the strained yogurt and paneer cheese or cottage cheese and process until smooth and creamy. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan, heat the mango puree over a medium flame. Do not allow this to boil. In another saucepan place the china-grass and water mixture and stir on low heat until it melts completely, about 10-12 minutes. Do not allow this to boil.
- After the china grass melts completely, pour the hot china grass solution into the hot mango puree, stirring all the while.
- Slowly add the mango mixture into the yogurt and cheese mixture, stir in the sugar and vanilla extract and beat well with a wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour this mixture over the prepared crust, level with a spoon and chill in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours.For the Mango Glaze
- Place all the ingredients for the glaze in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When it begins to boil, reduce the flame and cook for 3 to 4 minutes more. Allow to come to room temperature and then spread the glaze over the cheesecake with a spoon.
- Allow the glaze to set over the cheesecake for 2 to 3 hours or more before slicing it. Allow the cheesecake to set for an hour or so before spreading the glaze over it.
yummy lip smacking and moist cake.
Looks super delicious dear
looks perfect and yummy.. I have tried the same recipe from divine taste and simply loved it.
I dont bother to have a huge slice anytime, very tempting and droolworthy cheesecake.
Delicious No bake Mango cheesecake Priya. Love it.
Perfectly done... Loved ur version...
Nice and perfect cake, tempting too
Lovely no bake cheese cake looks so nice and yummy.
Perfect cheesecake 🙂
Looks yummy! Love this cheesecake on a hot summer day!
We showcase Mouthwatering Collection of World's Best Recipes to our readers daily.
We would like to invite you to join our food community and want to feature some of your best recipes on our website.
Our Members content is displayed on http://www.worldsrecipeshub.com in this format:
http://www.worldsrecipeshub.com/2013/03/shamrock-shakes.html where we link the full recipe back to your site.
And Your Recipes Gallery will be displayed like this : Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
Interested to join? Then,
Register your blog here http://www.worldsrecipeshub.com
Worlds Recipes Hub Team