I m sharing picture recipes of the savory breads i made with the recipe. Since i made a very small loaf,it got over the same day even before i could take a decent photo. The savory bread can be paired well with a soup or a salad for a filling meal.
Savory Bread 1 : Tomato-Basil Cheddar Bread
Savory Bread 2: Coriander & Cumin Bread
Inspired from here
For Savory bread 2:
1.5 teaspoon tomato paste
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- I made 2 versions with the above ingredients. I mixed the dough with yeast and salt. Divided it into two half and added fruit to one portion and savory to other portion. It is up to you to bake a sweet or a savory bread completely.
- Take flour,yeast, salt into a wide bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add the fruit/savory ingredients to this and mix well. Now add water to it and mix well with a spatula.
- Cling-wrap the dough and refrigerate it overnight. The dough has to rest for 12-18 hours minimum. I made the dough in the evening and baked it next day morning around 12 in the afternoon.
- After 12 hours of resting, take the dough out of the fridge. Prepare the loaf pan with parchment paper. Dust the dough with flour, and shape the dough into a loaf and place it in a loaf pan. since i used half the above recipe i baked in a small loaf pan.
- Let the dough sit for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 200C and bake the loaf for 20-22 minutes or until the top turn golden brown.
- Remove the loaf from the oven, transfer it to a wire rack, let it cool completely. Cut and serve with your favorite spread.
- I served it with nutella to my kids and whereas we enjoyed it as such warm.
- Since i said i have used half measurements i m giving those measurements which i used to make the above said savory breads