Today we are going to get a taste of Irish Cuisine, yes we are visiting Ireland today. Here too i went on to search for a bread and i had a great variety to chose from. Irish love their potatoes, they have so many dishes dedicated to potatoes like this flat-bread today, Potatoes and flour made into a dough and stuffed with apples and pan-fried. Boxty, a pancake made out of potatoes, Colcannon, a stew made of potatoes and kale and their Ulster-fry/Full breakfast famous Potato farls. So, if at all you have loads of potatoes or love potatoes everyday then you know which cuisine to go for!!! 🙂
Source : Baking Mad
Source : Baking Mad
1 Medium-size potato
¼ Cup All purpose flour (see notes)
2 pinches of baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ an apple
1-2 teaspoon sugar
2 pinches of cinnamon
- Wash, peel and cut the potato into cubes. Cook them until soft. I used my Microwave Auto-cook menu to cook the potato. Drain the excess water, let it cool.
- Once cooled, mash the potato well. Add flour, salt and baking powder to this mashed potato, and start kneading to make a smooth dough. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is resting, wash the apple, cut it into thin slices, toss it along cinnamon powder and sugar.
- Now flour your work surface well and roll out the dough into circles or else you can use a round lid to cut out shapes from rolled out dough. The above dough will make 4 rounds.
- Now, arrange a few slices of cinnamon apples onto one round of dough, and close it with another roundel of dough, press to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick skillet, when it is hot enough, add a blob of butter to it and slide a sealed bread on to it .Cook in a slow flame until the sides are browned well. Turn and cook the other side too.
- Transfer it to a serving plate, cut and serve with a generous serving of butter or fresh cream.
Sending this to Come, join us for breakfast, happening @ +srivalli jetti's space.
Apples and potatoes make a very tasty combo. I am sure the kitchen smelled great after you made this. Nice one.
That's surely a different combination Priya..good one..
That is such a yummy pancake recipe. Love the idea of stuffing with apples.
Apple stuffed potato bread looks good. Sounds like a nice combination.
An interesting recipe. A potato base with a cinnamony apple filling sounds delicious.
Wow,this flat bread looks alluring, have to give a try soon.
such an tempting pancake with potato apple filling 🙂 looks fabulous dear !! I like the combo potato and apple have to give it a try 🙂 Nice choice for the letter I !!
The combo sounds very interesting and delicious priya.
Very interesting combo for the filling , bookmarked !
Looks so nice Priya! And a very nice combo too...
i like the way fruit has been added to the bread..hats off dear for searching such delicious recipes.
WOw love the bread. It beats what I was expecting. Love the way you haveadded the fruits.