2 Medium Sized Carrots, Peeled and shredded
2 Cups Cooked Rice
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Shredded Ginger
Coriander for Garnishing
1 tablespoon Gingely Oil/Sunflower Oil
½ teaspoon Mustard Seeds/Kadugu
3 nos Green Chilies, Slited Lengthwise
2 sprigs of curry leaves
¼ teaspoon hing/Asafoetida
1 teaspoon Urad Dal
2 tablespoon Peanuts/Vaerkadalai (optional)
- Heat oil in a kadai/pan, splutter mustard seeds, add hing, green chilli, curry leaves Peanuts and Urad dal one by one.
- Let Peanuts and Dal roast and change color a bit, Take care not to burn them.
- Now add the shredded carrots and toast it for a minute or two.
- Take it off the flame and add it to the rice and mix well. Adjust Salt. Garnish with coriander and shredded ginger
- If you are packing it for kids, try grinding chillies, ginger, curry leaves and coriander to a coarse paste and add while seasoning. yeah, I know, Kids!!!!!!!!!!!!