Today in our bread hunt in tunisia, we are going to taste Fricasse -a tiny sandwich normaly stuffed with tuna, harissa, olives and olive oil. I tried them witha simple stuffing of cheese, cucumber and chickpeas and slightly seasoned with freshly ground pepper.
Source : Food bridge
2 cups All purpose flour
1 teaspoon instant yeast
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon honey
¾ cups water
1 -2 tablespoon oil
Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Take flour, salt, honey & yeast together in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Slowly add water and start kneading. As you knead add oil and make a soft dough.
- Take the dough to a kneading surface, I used my kitchen counter for this.Knead about 4-5 minutes to get a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 6-7 portions. Roll each portion into a ball and shape it into a elongated buns of the size of your fist. Let the shaped rolls rest for about an hour or until doubled.
- Once doubled, heat a deep pan with oil, when it is hot enough, drop the buns gently and deep fry until golden brown on all sides. Remove using slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen towel.
- Let the bread cool well. Then slice it using a bread knife and stuff with your favorite stuffing and make a delicious sandwich
- I stuffed my bread with cheese slice,cucumber slices and a tablespoon of chickpeas and seasoned them with a dash of pepper. Yumm it was!!