My Oven is baking busy all these days, so for Magic Mingle #3 too, i chose to bake something interesting, so it doesn't stay waiting for my Family's attention. First i attempted to bake Broa/Portuguese Corn Bread, but me and yeast are lover's who are still having a Pillow-fight, so it didn't turn out well!!!!
So, again in the evening i tried to bake these muffins, thank god, they came out well. After tasting, we felt we need some more sweetness in the muffin, so i added Dulce de leche frosting. Needless to say, they vanished!!!!!
Recipe Source : The Happy House Wife
1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 cup Yellow cornmeal
⅔ Cup Light Brown Sugar (increase to ¾ Cup, for a sweeter Cupcake)
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Flaxseed Meal mixed with ¼ Cup of Warm Water - Replacing 1 Egg
1 cup milk
⅓ cup canola oil/Butter
Almond Flakes for garnishing
¼ Cup Dulce de Leche /Caramel Spread (store-brought)
- Preheat Oven to 180C. Grease a Muffin Pan ready.
- Mix all the Dry Ingredients together.
- Add the Wet ingredients one by to the Dry Mixture. Combine Well.
- Spoon them into Greased Muffin pan. Fill till ¾th of each Cup. Garnish with almond flakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tooth-pick inserted comes out clean.
- Take it out of the Oven. Let it sit in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Take it out of the pan and Cook completely on Wire Rack.
- For the Frosting, let the Cupcake Cool Completely. Spoon 2-3 teaspoon of Sugar syrup on top of each muffin and go creative over the Muffin with the frosting.
Sending this to MM#3 - Wheat and Corn, happening @ Sizzling Tastebuds.
Baking time differs from Oven to Oven, so bake accordingly
delicious. yum frosting
Looks scrumptious...no wonder they vanished!
they look super cute :).. came here through magic mingle! Happy to follow your veetu kitchen :).. do drop by my space when free
Ongoing Event: I'm a STAR
Delicious looking muffins....
Do check my new blog at http://eveydayindiancooking.blogspot.com/
Thats one yummy recipe which is healthy too.. Off course it has all rights to be vanished.. 🙂
chef and her kitchen
very delicious muffins..looks yumm
wow very cute and healthy muffins priya
Lovely mufiins !! Healthy version!!
This is such a wonderful recipe..Thanks for posting it..Bookmarked..
this muffins looking delicious.........loved the presentation....can feel the taste as well...hmmmm..yumyumm....
They look yummy. Love the caramel topping.
These muffins were my selection for Blog Hop. They are delicious, healthy and yum. Even my FIL love them. Thanks.