Atlast here i am with the post. Navrathri has begun and i m literally running around the house, sometimes doing something and most of the times not knowing what i am running for. This week my BM theme is Navrathri. so, my first day post is rice neivedhiyam. Normally we offer Rice in the Morning and Sundal/Legume Stir-fry in the evenings. Today i made Lemon Rice, Kesari in the Morning and Chickpea Sundal in the Evening.
2 Cups Cooked Rice
Juice of 2 lemons ( i used small variety)
Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander and Ginger Julienne for Garnishing
2 tbsp Gingely oil (Prefered as it gives a nice aroma)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp gram dal
3-4 red chilies, round variety
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
hing a pinch
2 sprigs of curry leaf
handful of almond silvers
- Spread the rice on a plate and fluff it with a fork.
- Heat Oil in a pan, Splutter mustard seeds, throw in curry leaves, gram dal, hing and red chilies.
- When dal changes color, add almonds and turmeric powder.saute for 30 secs for the almonds to roast.
- Pour this sizzling tempering on the rice. Mix well.
- Add Lemon juice, Mix well. Adjust Salt. Garnish with coriander and ginger. Serve Warm with your favorite curry.