I know Christmas is Over,another Cookie Recipe??? Why, do you need to bake only during Christmas???? yeah, of course i made these as part of Christmas Bakes, but then with Big Kiddo on Holiday’s and the Clinging Second one, i wasn’t able to do the post as planned.
This Recipe again, is part of that Spice Jar to Cookie Jar- Cookie Recipes from Newspaper tabloid. The Original Recipe use Eggs and Macadamia Nuts. I couldn’t go Shopping this whole week because of the Drop in temperature and can’t take the little one in this Chilly Weather!!! 🙂 So, substituted Macadamia with Cashews and made them egg-less The cookies came out so well and we all enjoyed it with out Hot Cuppa in the evening!!! 🙂
1 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Vegetable Shortening
1/4 Cup Butter
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Powdered Cardamom
1 tbsp Flaxseed meal
1/4 Cup Warm Water
1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 Cup Cashew Nuts, Chopped, Roasted
- Spread Cashew-nuts in a baking pan, add little oil, Mix and Microwave High for 2 minutes. Take it out, Cool and Chop into pieces.
- Preheat Oven to 180C. Line a Cookie tray with parchment. Mix Flaxseed Meal with Warm Water and keep aside. Sift together Flour, Baking Soda, Cardamom
- In a Medium Bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together Brown Sugar, Butter, Shortening, until creamy and fluffy. Add Flax-seed Mix and Beat again.
- Now add flour Mixture little by little and Mix with a Spoon. Stir in the Nuts. Dump in the Chocolate chips and Mix. At last Lick the Spoon!!!! 😉 yummy!!!!
- The Dough might look a little loose for a Cookie dough. Don’t Worry, Refrigerate it for 15 minutes.
- Take it out, Using a Scoop, place spoonful of Dough on the Cookie Tray, leaving 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges turn light golden brown.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool for 10 minutes.Transfer to a rack to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container @ room temperature for upto a week.