Day 3, Blogging Marathon, i chose to bake Cardamom cookies from Mireille Roc's Gourmet Global. I was supposed to do this post for last week's Blog Hop Wednesday,started by Radhika of Tickling palates but due to time and other commitments i couldn't post that time. The Original Recipe has Egg and Butter in it, i haven't used eggs and replaced butter with Crisco Shortenning, Recently saw Julie and Julia, Oh my i m a BIGGGGG FANNNNNN of Meryl Streep!!!! The Movie's Influence, i buttering a lot!!!!! 🙂 A Week full of Baked Goodies, and already 2 first bakes had butter, hubby darling gave me a look, when i said this too has butter, so had to switch to Crisco!!! Nevertheless, end result doesn't make you feel for that!!! Got 2 dozen Crispy and Cardamom flavored Cookies, half a dozen vanished straight out of the Oven.
¾ Cup all purpose flour
¼ Cup Almond Flour (Store-bought)
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup Milk
⅓ Cup Crisco Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and Line a Baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, Whisk together Flour, Almond meal, Baking Soda, Cardamom Powder, Salt and Sugar.
- Add Crisco Shortening and knead. Add Milk and form a dough. Cover and refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough out and Cut into desired shapes or Pinch a small ball of dough and shape the inbetween your palms.I tried both.
- Line them on the prepared baking tray and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the cookies turn Golden Brown (the color of Whole Wheat)
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Store them in Air-tight container.