I m back doing Blogging Marathon with Srivalli and a whole lot of enthusiastic bloggers. This week is damn tight, both my kids are driving me crazy with their cold n cough!!! Younger one is soooo cranky, the moment i vanish from his eye-sight, he starts his Dolby Digital!!!! 🙂 It is a great thrill to do BM among all these tension!!!
For the First Week of BM #26, My theme is Kids Deligt- Back to Hostel Food. Food that you would like to pack with your kids who are going to hostel for their studies!! First recipe, that came to my mind, was my Amma’s Rava Laddu/Sooji Ladoo/Semolina Ladoo. She can make them with her eyes closed!!! Everybody loves her ladoo!!!Every year when i return from vacation, she makes a big Dabba full of Ladoos for her Son-in-Law!!! We even distribute them to our close friends. Since it is made fully out of ghee, it stays good for a long time in an Air-tight container.
1/2 Cup Sooji/Rava/Semolina
1/2 Cup Sugar (i used 2 tbsp lesser than half cpf )
2-3 Cardamom Pods
handful of almonds and Cashews, roasted and chopped
1/4 Melted Ghee/Clarified Butter
- In a Non-stick pan, add a tsp of ghee and roast the rawa/sooji/semolina golden brown. Take care not to brown it. Keep the flame low and roast.
- Take it off the stove and spread it on a plate to cool.
- Take Roasted Rawa/Sooji/Semolina in a Mixer and Grind it to Powder. To the same mixer add sugar, cardamom pods and Grind them all together to a fine powder.
- Spread this on a Plate. Add Chopped Nuts to this and mix well. Melt the Ghee. Add a tsp of ghee at a time to the Rawa-Sugar Mix and shape them into balls by pressing them using your palms.
- I got about 13 Ladoos/Laddu’s for the above quantity.Let them sit on the counter for an hour or two for them to set. Store them in a Air-tight container. They stay good for more than a week.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#26