My otherwise lazy brother, would get up at 3 am in the morning, take a head bath and run outside hurriedly, to burst the first cracker of the day! Life was fun! I don’t remember much of the pollution talk, people were responsible, we clean up the area after we burst crackers, the street association helpers(exnora) come and clear out the garbage to keep it ready for next day!
Though I took up week 3 theme as Diwali for our regular BM, I couldn’t post it on time because of the medications I m taking for ear infection, it is making me so drowsy, forcing me to shut my eyes and sleep all the time! Hopefully I will feel better from this week as the course ends in another 2 days.
Coming to the recipe, I wanted to make sugarless or No sugar sweets for the festival. So started with Anjeer burfi, my favorite from puranmal. I love the taste and crunch of the Anjeer seeds along with roasted nuts , it is one power packed dessert to enjoy anytime. Also It is quite to easy to make, takes less than 20 minutes. A great treat for festivities and also a healthy snack anytime.
- Soak figs in water for 15-20 minutes, drain and grind it to a paste along with dates and cardamom.
- Keep a plate greased with ghee or laid with parchement ready by your side.
- Remove the ground paste to a clean plate. Chop all the nuts into big pieces.
- In a deep pan, add 1 tablespoon ofnghee and toast all the nuts until they turn crunchy. Remove the nuts to another clean plate .
- In the same pan, add the remaining ghee, and add the figs andndates paste and sauté until it turns into a Mushy dough.
- Now add th roasted nuts to this and mix well. Let this be on the stove for another w2 minutes, keep stirring while it is on the stove as it might get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Now remove the figs and nuts paste to the parchment laid plate and using flatten it neatly. Do not make it too thin or too thick. It should be an inch thick.
- While it is still warm, make marks for slicing into squares and let it cool completely and rest well to get perfect squares. Remove and store it in an air tight container and enjoy it guilt free.