Baked potatoes were in my bucket list and it was fired more when i tasted it at our bloggers meet here at Anamika's house. She had made it so beautifully, picture perfect, delicious balance of flavors and served it with a garlic yogurt dip(hope I m correct ).
When we asked for the recipe she said that potatoes were parboiled and baked. Parboiled potatoes when baked gives a perfect crisp outer and a soft inside. When mixed with spices, they create amazing flavors !
When I made ras el hanout, the first recipe I wanted to make was this baked potatoes! Oh man, what a dish! The flavor of the spice amplifies the taste and it makes a great side on your party table.
I m not exaggerating about the taste, my hubby has asked me to make this again so he can relish it better. Want to make an impression in your next party, try these yumm potatoes!
2 medium Sized potatoes
2 fat cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon Oil
1 teaspoon ras el Hanout
½ teaspoon freshly pounded black pepper or paprika
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wash and scrub the potatoes well. Cut them into thick rounders. Keep the skin on.
- Take them in a Sauce pan, pour water until they submerge. Let it boil for a
- Minute, take it off the stove. Let this sit for 5 minutes and drain.
- While the potatoes are parboiling, Take oil in a small bowl, add minced garlic, ras al hanout, pepper/paprika, Mix well. Let this sit for 15 minutes for the flavors to infuse well.
- In a baking pan,Add The parboiled potatoes, pour the spice oil on top and rub it well with your hands to coat the potatoes well.
- Bake the potatoes in a preheated oven at 200c for 30 - 40 minutes. Turning it once after 20 minutes.
- Once done, Remove the potatoes from the oven, serve it warm, with a dip of your choice .
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2017
An InLinkz Link-up
Those potatoes look yum Priya, I will be back out that spice measurement...
Beautiful clicks and a lovely dish with potatoes . Bookmarking but first let me make the spice mix.
Ah yes, they were amazing! And there you hit the nail by coating it with that awesomely fragrant spice mix!
What a flavorful appetizer this is. Potatoes with the aromatic spice blend is perfect.
Those baked potatoes are inviting me, that too with ras el hanout, can smell the flavor.
Quite a flavorful snack! You are tempting me to bake potatoes with ras el hanout.
thats great. Implementation of spice mix is right here. Surely a try
isnt great when bloggers get together YOu all myst have had a blast and this is one of my fav e spice blends
What a flavorful crispy potato recipe. My family will love this dish.
The potatoes look irresistible. Wish I could taste them.