Today we are visiting China to taste their aromatic pancakes. When I say pancakes, you might think of wet batter cooked on a griddle. But no, these pancakes are just like our paratha, served with some dipping sauce. I served them with plain chilli sauce they tasted delicious. The making is very morning similar to our lacha paratha. Spread oil, stuffing, roll and coil.
If you want a different sauce then you can try this nuam cham chay or the sesame chilli dip.
1.5 cups all purpose flour
½ cup warm water
½ teaspoon salt
A bunch of spring onions, green part alone chopped fine
¼ cup sesame oil
- In a wide bowl, take flour and salt, Mix well with your hands. Add warm water slowly and knead a sticky and elastic dough. Do another add all the water at a time, add 2-3 tablespoon at a time and knead.
- Take the dough into a floured surface and knead a couple of minutes to get a soft dough. Keep the dough covered with a damp towel or a cling wrap and rest it for 30 minutes.
- To roll out the pancakes., dust your rolling surface and the roller with flour. Take the dough out and divide it into portions. I got about 8 portions.
- Take a portion of dough, knead it in between your palms once, roll it into a circle, spread a teaspoon of oil, sprinkle a teaspoon or two of chopped greens. Roll he dough into a thin rope. Coil the rope. Roll it out again into a disc. Take care not to roll out thin and tear the pancakes.
- Heat a pan/tava to cook the pancakes, once hot, place a rolled out sic on it cook both sides until spots appear on top. Add teaspoon of sesame oil while cooking. Once done, remove it to a serving plate and serve it along with sauce of your choice.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging
Marathoners doing BM# 56
Marathoners doing BM# 56
These look very tempting. I think even Gayathri made them & was drooling looking at pictures. Bookmarking the recipe.
Yes these pancakes do sound yum. Spring onions taste awesome and their flavor in these would be delicious. Like that dip with the pancake.
Yum! I loved these pancakes when I had made them..your picture has turned out great!
will try these soon. Great share
One of my weakness, never get bored of this scallion pancakes..too good Priya.
Scallion pancakes looks tempting.
I also wanted to make this for this marathon, but missed it.. Yours is looking super tempting..
Pancakes looks tempting & delicious.
The Pumpkin Farm
i love fresh green onions more than the dried ones and this is beautifu recipe
Wow, your scallion pancakes turned out delicious.
I made them a few months back. They are delicious, right?
Love this version. Saw many versions in the blogosphere.
Beautifully made Priya.