We all have been in this situation!!! Wondering what to cook with as much as less ingredients possible, that too when your little one is pestering for a sudden snack!!! This Week, for the next 3 days i will be posting on the theme 5 Ingredients Fix, theme for this month's Kid's Delight, hosted by Pavani. Recipes that requires only 5 or less than 5 ingredients. You will be surprised to see so many delights that can be prepped with No Fuss ingredients. Today's recipe is a delight, it has less ingredients and takes less time to cook also. When you have a sudden guest or a your kiddo's Sudden Chocolate Pang or a Sugar Rush, Make this healthy Fudge and Enjoy. These Bars make a wonderful gift too!!! No Gift is better than a Box full of Chocolate treats!!!!
Recipe Source : FoodFood Channel
1 Cup Grated Jaggery (see notes)
1 Cup Grated Dark Chocolate
1 Cup Skinless Peanuts
1 tsp Cinnamon (optional)
2 tablespoon Butter + some for greasing the tray
- Grease a Square tray with butter and keep it ready.
- Take the Skinless Peanuts, in a Microwave Safe Pan, add half teaspoon of butter and Cook it @ Microwave high for 2 minutes. This is to Roast the peanuts. Take it out and let it cool.
- Once Cooled, grind it coarsely. Take care not to powder it, we want it to be coarse. you can even pound it using a Pestle only.
- Heat a Shallow pan with 2 Cups of Water. When the water starts boiling, reduce the flame (Double-Boiler Method)
- Take the Grated jaggery and butter in a heat-proof bowl and place it over the Simmering Water and let the jaggery melt.
- Keep Stirring while it melts, it will take about 8-10 minutes, depending on how fine the jaggery is grated.
- Once the Jaggery melts, add the coarsely pounded peanuts and give it a good mix. When the Peanuts are completely coated with jaggery, add the grated dark chocolate and cinnamon to it and mix well to coat.
- Take it off the stove, transfer the mixture into the greased pan, smoothen the top using a Spatula or a parchment paper.
- Let it cool in the room temperature for 10 minutes. Using a knife make light markings on top for cutting, Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours for it to set.
- While serving take it, use a sharp knife break it along the marked lines and Gobble!!!
- Once taken out, the chocolate will start melting, so make sure to store in the fridge.
- If the jaggery variety you are using is bit dark and more sweet than the regular ones, then reduce the quantity to ¾ Cup.