These Muffins fit into my Blogging Theme: Evening Snacks too. Today i packed only Bread Rolls for my Kiddo’s Breakfast, i promised to make him something interesting when he is back from school, when i asked him what he wants, he said Cupcakes without Chocolates. When i asked why? Jhat came the reply “amma i m having Cold no, i should not eat chocolates!!!’ Kids these days, they learn pretty fast!!!
1 and ½ Cup Cake Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Large Banana, mashed
¼ Cup Silken Tofu
½ Cup Brown Sugar
⅓ Cup Butter, @ room temperature
½ teaspoon Salt
To Make Cake Flour:
- Measure the same amount of All Purpose Flour in a Cup. Remove 3 tablespoon of the flour from the measured cup and add 3 tablespoon of Corn Flour to the Flour Cup. Sift 3-4 times.
To Make Muffins
- Preheat the Oven to 170C. Grease the muffin cups with oil and flour or muffin liners. I have used Alu-foil muffin cups.
- Sift Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt together in a Large bowl
- Puree the Silken tofu in a Mixer. Mix Butter, Pureed Silken Tofu, Mashed Banana, and Brown Sugar together in another bowl.
- Add the Wet ingredients to the Dry ingredients and Mix until Combined.
- The Batter will be thick. Spoon the batter into the Muffin Cups. Bake them for 18-20 minutes or until a tooth-pick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Take it out of the Oven, Let it cool for 10 minutes. Serve Warm.
- I baked the muffins 2- 3 minutes extra, so the top was a bit crusty.
- Bake timings differ from Oven to Oven, So Bake Accordingly.