Banana muffins | Fruit and nut muffins | Vegan muffins | Muffins using silken tofu | Whole wheat banana muffins | how to make soft and fluffy banana nut muffins | Soft muffins with silken tofu.
Vegan banana pecan muffins, soft and fluffy muffins made with silken tofu and loads of crunchy pecans. A Mildly sweet muffins, that can be enjoyed for breakfast too.
When I see pecans, all I can think about is the taste of some amazing pecans I had in 2019. During our Hyderabad BM Meet, Sandhya brought us some delicious pecans, fresh out of the farm. Along with the taste, comes the wonderful memories of that 1 week. We had loads of fun, we bonded and made some great friends.
Today's recipe of banana pecan muffins, is an old recipe from the blog, which I made with walnuts. I had some leftover tofu after making Blueberry muffins and decided to redo this old recipe of banana muffins.
When I went to get some walnuts, I saw these pecans, brightly smiling at me in the nearby spice shop, and came flooding the beautiful memories of Hyderabad, which brought a bright smile on my face and I changed my mind and bought pecans.
The muffins turned out great, except for the color, the taste is perfect. Bakes with silken tofu don't brown much, so blame it on the tofu. I felt kids preferred pecans to walnuts, as the latter leave a slight bitter taste towards the end.
They Vegan fruit and nut muffins, make a great after school snack and fits well as travel snack for small picnics and get togethers. They are vegan, skip the nuts if you are baking for school to make it nut-free.
Follow me on Social Media
Ingredients to Make Banana Pecan Muffins
- Whole wheat flour, for personal reasons I bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- I have used both baking powder and baking soda to make these soft and fluffy banana pecan muffins.
- Silken tofu, I have used approximately ½ cup silken tofu, as a replacement for 2 eggs in this nutty banana muffins.
- Bananas , the main ingredient, I have used 2 well ripened bananas in this whole wheat muffin recipe.
- Fat, I have used sunflower oil in this recipe.
- Flavorings, I have used vanilla essence in this fruity muffin .
- Toppings, I have used generous amount of chopped pecans and topped each muffin with a whole pecan. You can also use walnuts instead of pecans in the recipe.
Banana Pecan Muffins | Vegan | Using Silken Tofu
- 300 grams Whole wheat flour approximately 2 cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams brown sugar
- 150 grams silken tofu
- 180 grams bananas 2 Philippine bananas, peeled and weighed
- ½ cup water to blend
- 50 grams oil I have used sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 70 grams pecans weighed and chopped
- 10 nos pecans for toppings
- Preheat the oven to 160C. Line the muffin pan with liners. I got 10 muffins with the above measurement.
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready at room temperature.
- In a blender, take silken tofu, add bananas to it and ½ cup of water to it and blend it smooth.
- In a wide bowl, take flour, baking powder and baking soda, whisk well to get a uniform flour mix.
- To this flour mix, add chopped pecans and mix well.
- Take blended tofu and banana liquid to a wide bowl, add sugar to this and mix well for the sugar to dissolve.
- To this liquid now add oil and vanilla essence, whisk again to get a smooth liquid.
- Now add the dry flour mix to this liquid in batches. I added ½ cup at a time and used a whisk to get a smooth batter
- After adding all the flour, use a spatula and mix well without leaving any dry flour.
- Divide the batter into the lined muffin pan. I got 10 muffins, I filled the rest of the 2 holes with water for even baking. Place 1 whole pecan on top each of the muffins.
- Bake the muffins in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Oven temperature and baking time varies from oven to oven. So keep an eye on the muffins after 15 minutes. Mine were done at 18 minutes.
- Once done, remove the muffin pan from the oven. Let the muffins sit in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove them carefully onto a wire rack and let it cool down. Enjoy these luscious blueberry muffins warm.
Store & Serve
- Freshly baked muffins stays good on the kitchen counter for a day or two. If storing for more days, I prefer refrigerating them in an air-tight container.
- If serving muffins from the refrigerator, i recommend reheating them in the microwave for 20 seconds and serve warm.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
These fluffy and nutty vegan banana muffins make a great snack any time of the day. The taste of crunchy pecans take these muffins to another level, the pecans can be substituted with fresh walnuts too.
How to Store Nutty Banana Muffins
I have mentioned in the recipe card, that these vegan muffins stay good on the kitchen counter for a day or two.
If storing for more days, I recommend refrigerating them in an air-tight container. If serving muffins from the fridge, reheat them for 20 seconds in the microwave and serve them warm.
Never used tofu in muffins.. different recipe..will try it.
I love the height you got on the muffin
I made coconut banana muffins Priya ....yours look super good and its evenly browned. nicely done.
Yummy treat for kids.
Muffins look so softand crust is beautiful, Priya....
so yummy and healthy.
Event: Dish name starts with M
nice and yummy muffins!
Priya, those muffins look fantastic!...
Tofu in muffins sounds new to me n looks delicious...
Never tried tofu in Muffins...Looks yummy!!!!
Muffins look so delicious!!!1
Nice idea... Silken tofu in Muffins... looks delicious... Any idea where I can find Silken Tofu in India?
Wat a healthy and lovely muffins,simply fabulous.
I love eggless bakes and esp those with banana. Muffins looks tempting...
these sound wonderful!
Spice up the Curry
I never made banana muffins using tofu. yours recipe sounds great. bookmarked
what a beautiful color you got healthy snack for kids.
Wow such a beautiful muffin. Next tome i will make it with tofu I was not sure abt the proportions but now I am Thanks.
I am hosting Kitchen Chronicles Theme Go Nuts...Do send me your entries
What a wonderful way to replace egg in bakes. Not only does tofu add more protein but also makes the texture softer. I love banana muffins.
The muffins look and sound amazing. It is a great idea to use tofu as well and that adds proteins too.
Rafeeda - The Big Sweet Tooth
I have to try baking with silken tofu next time I see them. You know how much I love banana bakes, I am sure I will love this one as well...
The muffins look awesome Priya! I have not yet used silken tofu in any kind of recipe. Seeing this muffin, I have added the tofu to my shopping list.