Apple Banana and oatmeal muffins, a vegan muffin recipe with whole oats and crunchy walnuts. A perfect vegan snack loaded with fruits and nuts.
Banana Muffins | Vegan Oatmeal muffins | Eggless Oatmeal and walnut muffins | Muffins made with oats | How to make Oats and banana muffins | Healthy Apple Banana Muffins | Eggless Banana Apple Muffins | Fruit and nut muffins | Eggless muffins with fruits | Eggless muffins with fruit and nuts | Vegan whole wheat muffins with fruits and nuts
Eat your Fruit : Struggle is Real with Kids
The habit of eating fruits, is a bit hard to cultivate in kids. I still struggle with my teen, trying since he was a toddler, hoping he would change as he is developing healthy eating habits now, the teen-phase uhhh!
My younger on the other hand loves to eat fresh apples, crunchy cucumbers and is crazy about mangoes. The apples however has to be fresh, no brown spots should happen to them, if he tastes peel or the seed part or if the apples are bit browned, that's it, a big No!
With so much drama with regard to eating fruits, they don't complain when it is baked. So, I add it to my bakes, easy job for mummy. I m aware of the sugar part, but they just have only one serving a day, so i let it go.
I love to make these gluten free, apple butter thumbprint cookies, a delish after school snack during the weekdays. Both my boys love this delish carrot & raisin cupcakes and when i want to make something special for them, these Eggless kit kat cupcakes are their favorite, i m sure not only kids, even adults like me would love to indulge in these chocolatey cupcakes.
Check this savory muffin with spinach and cheese, easy way to add in all veggies they don't like to eat. If you are looking for a simple fruity muffin, check this simple Vanilla tutti frutti muffins, i bet these are everyone's favorite.
Vegan Oatmeal Muffins : Perfect for Breakfast
Today's muffin is a perfect breakfast muffin, i would called them loaded fruit and nuts muffins. They have bananas, shredded apples, and a good load of crunchy walnuts.
A quick and easy recipe, Vegan, just simple ingredients from your pantry. I sometimes swap the walnuts for a good mix of seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, to make it more nutrient dense.
These crunchy walnuts and oatmeal muffins makes a great snack for picnics and parties. You can omit the walnuts and add some chocolate chips if you are making then nut-free.
Ingredients for Vegan Apple Banana Muffins
- Main Ingredients : These hearty fruit muffins has whole wheat flour and oats. For personal reasons i bake only with whole wheat flour. You can use All purpose flour instead of whole wheat flour.
- Leavener : These fluffy banana muffins uses both baking powder and baking soda
- Egg replacement : These soft and fluffy vegan muffins uses mashed banana along with flaxseed meal as egg replacement.
- Flavors : I have used a combination of cinnamon, ginger and cardamom powder for a festive magic in this vegan fruit and nut muffins
- Sweetener : I have used white sugar to make this delicious eggless muffin loaded with walnuts . You can also use brown sugar or powdered jaggery too.
- Fat : I have tried these muffins with butter/sunflower oil/coconut oil. You can use any flavorless oil.
- Add-ons : I have added broken walnuts in this vegan banana walnut muffins. You can use your choice of nuts or use a combination of crunchy seeds like pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds.
How to Bake Vegan Fruit & Nut Muffins
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure all the ingredients mentioned and keep it ready on the kitchen counter.
- In a bowl, take flour, whole oats, baking powder and baking soda. Add the ginger power, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder to this. Whisk well to combine.
- Add a teaspoon of flour to broken walnuts and keep aside.
- In another wide bowl, mash bananas, add shredded apples, add sugar, oil and flaxseed meal along with water. Mix well with a whisk.
- Let us now mix dry and wet ingredients. Mix in the broken walnuts. Slowly add ½ cup flour to the wet ingredients, using a whisk combine the flour into liquid.
- Preheat the oven to 160C, pour the batter into a lined muffin pan. Garnish the top with whole walnut.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven, let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes. Carefully remove the muffin from the pan to the wire rack. Let it cool down and enjoy.
- I usually leave the muffins on the counter for a day, then refrigerate in an air-tight container. If serving from the refrigerator, reheat the muffins for 10 -20 seconds in a microwave and serve warm.
Apple Banana and Oatmeal Muffins | Vegan Fruit and Nut Muffins
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk and spatula
- Weighing Scale for measuring ingredients
- Bowls for mixing the batter
- Convection oven
- 250 gram whole wheat flour
- 100 grams Whole oats
- 110 grams oil
- 175 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 300 grams shredded apples
- 225 grams banana
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, mixed with ¼ cup warm water
- ½ cup warm water
- 100 grams walnuts divided
- Preheat the Oven to 160C . Line a 12-hole big muffin pan and a 12-hole mini muffin pan with liners. Or you can bake the 12 mini muffins into 4 normal size muffins.
- We need 12 whole walnuts to put on top of each muffin and rest can be crushed. Add broken walnuts to a teaspoon of flour mix and keep aside.
- In a bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder powder, dry ginger powder and cardamom powder.
- To this dry mix, add oats and whisk this all together to get a uniform flour mix.
- In a wide bowl, take the banana and crush it well with a fork. To this add shredded apples.
- To the fruit mix, add oil and flaxseed meal along with ½ cup water. Using a whisk mix all the wet ingredients well together.
Mix Wet & Dry Ingredients
- Now add ½ cup of flour mix at a time, in to the wet ingredients and mix using a whisk to form a uniform batter.
- Add the flour coated walnuts to the batter and mix it gently with the spatula.
- Fill the muffin pan with batter in each hole. I used a greased ½ measure cup, so it was easy to pour the batter.
- Gently tap the muffin pan to release any trapped air. Place one whole walnut on top of the big muffins.
Let's Bake Muffins
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. The mini muffins gets done in 15-18 minutes so keep an eye on them
- Oven temperature differs from oven to oven, so bake accordingly .
- Once the muffins are done, remove it from the oven, let it sit in the pan for 2 minutes, then remove the muffins onto a wire rack.
Store & Serve
- Let it cool completely. The muffins can remain on the kitchen counter for a day. I prefer to refrigerate in an air-tight box
- If serving from the refrigerator, reheat the muffins for a 10-20 seconds and serve the muffins warm.
- Baking temperature varies from oven to oven, so keep an eye on the bake after 15 minutes.
- I have used white sugar in the recipe, you can replace it with brown sugar or just even palm jaggery powder, check this Banana walnut muffins for a jaggery muffin.
- I baked the mini muffins without walnut toppings, as my younger prefers less things on his muffin.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.