I had some frozen banana’s in the freezer, it is almost 3 months after navrathri, i haven’t used them yet. Thanks to bake-a-thon, i remembered and baked these loaves yesterday.
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a loaf tin with parchment. i have used 3 take-away aluminium containers for baking.
- Remove the frozen banans from the freezer, place it in a microwave safe plate/bowl. reheat it for 15-20 seconds. The bananas will turn soft.
- Take the soften bananas in a blender jar, add sugar and 1/2 cup milk and blend smooth. To this now add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Mix roughly with a spatula. Run the blender in short pulses for the ingredients to mix.
- Add oil finally and run again in short pulses. Using a spatula, scrape down the sides. Divide the batter amongs the 3 baking tins.
- Top them with toffee bits and dark chocolate. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until done.
- Remove the baked loaves on to a wire rack, after 5 minutes, unmould them, let them cool. Serve it warm with evening coffee/tea.