Quick Bread | Monkey bread recipe | Pull apart bread | Cinnamon bake | Holiday bakes | Bread for breakfast | Easy bread recipe | Sweet bread | Eggless bakes | Chocolate bread | Christmas Bake | Bread without yeast
Cinnamon Monkey bread, soft buttery, sticky cinnamon bites, a delightful breakfast or a lovely snack with a hot cup of coffee.
Table of contents
What is Monkey Bread?
It is called so, because it is a finger food, that can be picked with fingers and eaten. It is also a soft, sweet, sticky pastry served for breakfast or as a treat.
This post is almost a decade old. I baked this delicious buttery cinnamon pull apart bread in 2012. I was very new to bread baking, had bought a new oven and was itching to bake something. When I first came across this name, I found it funny, so went and checked what the bread is made of here . I was not ready for yeast breads, so this no yeast bread sounded easy.
These soft, buttery and flavorsome cinnamon bites was such a delight to bake. One might get alarmed at the amount of butter used in the recipe, but it is all worth it. This recipe doesn't use any yeast, if you are comfortable baking with yeast, then check this Overnight apple fritters monkey bread drizzled with chocolate sauce and loaded with nuts, a perfect holiday recipe.
Follow me on Social Media
Step by Step Instructions to make this Pull apart bread
Please check recipe card below for exact measurements of each ingredient used and also for the detailed instructions
- Measure and keep all ingredients ready on the counter. The butter mentioned must be straight from the refrigerator while using in the recipe.
- Measure flour, baking powder and sugar in to a wide bowl. Whisk well to combine. To this add cold butter cut into pieces. Add the chocolate chips.
- Slowly add milk and bring it together using a spatula. Finally use your hand to make a soft dough.
- Roll the dough into a log, cut 9-10 equal pieces of dough balls. I measured each ball to be approximately 72-75 grams.
- Arrange the dough balls into greased baking pan. Preheat the oven to 180C for 10 minutes.
- Brush the dough balls with 3 tablespoon of melted butter, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until they turn golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining melted butter. Remove it on a wire rack, let it cool well. Enjoy it warm with a cup of coffee/tea.
More Such Holiday Bakes
Cinnamon Monkey Bread | Pull Apart Bread
- Convection oven
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Whisk and spatula
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces 75 grams
- ⅔ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup Milk
For Brushing on Top
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C for 15 minutes. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large combine both the flours, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk all the dry ingredients together.
- To this dry flour mix add cold butter cubes and massage it well, the flour mix should have a coarse texture, like almond meal.
- Add the chocolate chips to this, now slowly add milk in 2 parts and combine to form a soft, gooey dough. I used the spatula first, then used my hands to bring the dough together.
- Turn the dough to a flat surface, roll it into a log and cut them into equal pieces. I used my measuring scale and divided into 10 equal portions, weighing 72-75 grams approximately.
- Grease a baking tray generously with butter, arrange the dough balls. Brush them generously with butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.
- Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove and brush the tops with the remaining butter. Let it cool down on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy them warm.
I m not a Doctor or a Nutritionist The Nutrition information provided above comes from the plugin and is only an estimate.
These aromatic, soft buttery sweet rolls are a perfect snack for your kids lunch box too. The bread as such doesn't taste much on the sweeter side, the chocolate chips adds a perfect balance to your taste buds, so this buttery roll can also be served as breakfast with a strong cup of black coffee on the side.