1 cup Whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon honey (avoid for a vegan version)
2 normal sized pears
4-5 nos mejdool dates (increase to 8, incase omitting honey)
1 teaspoon ginger powder
6-8 cardamom, pounded
3 cloves, pouned
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup oil
- Wash the pears, i didnt peel the skin, if you dont like the skin in your bakes, do peel. Core and Chop the pears roughly.
- Take the chopped pears along with mejdool dates, in a mixer and blend it to a smooth paste.
- Take this paste in a bowl, add oil , flax egg and vanilla extract to it and whisk well.
- In another bowl, take together flour, baking soda and powder, freshly pounded cardamom and cloves. Whisk well to combine.
- Slowly add the dry mix to the wet in batches and using a spatula, whisk the flour into the wet mix. Take care not to mix vigorously, and mix in single direction.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, bake inthe preheated oven for around 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the loaf and let it sit for 5 minutes, then using a blunt knife loosen the sides of the bread from the tin, then slowly unmould the cake onto a wire rack. Enjoy a warm slice with a hot cup of coffee or tea.