There are some recipes, which you want to try immediately. Original plan for today was to bake some Vegan Jaffa Cakes. FB sometimes,causes so much chaos in our day-to-day plan, as i was browsing idly through other people statuses, this video, dannggg sprouted on the screen. Tasty Video on how to make Kit-Kat cupcakes, i sprang up on my feet, and ran into the kitchen and made these immediately.I waited for them to cool and frosted them too, which in my case is a rareity!
These cupcakes are a complete sell-off with kids, the moment in comes on the table, i m sure they will vanish, mine is down to half now, i saved a few for tomorrow's snack!
1 cup whole wheat flour
½ cup cocoa powder
¾ cup brown sugar
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 & ¼ cup milk
½ cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Kit-Kat wafers, broken into bite sized pieces
¼ cup simple sugar syrup (Kindly check notes)
200 grams of cream cheese
½ cup of castor sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 kit-kat wafers, crushed, resembling coffee granules.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Keep a muffin-tin greased or lined with muffin-liners. I used silicon muffin moulds.
- Sift together whole wheat flour, cocoa, baking powder, and baking soda together in a big bowl. Sifting is more important, it makes the flour light, that helps in the texture of the cake. Add the broken kit-kat pieces to this flour mix and mix well.
- In another cup, mix together milk and oil. Add the milk-oil mixture to the flour mix and slowly combine well with a spatula. Combine in one single direction, and be gentle.
- Scoop the cake batter with an ice-cream scoop and fill the muffin moulds upto ⅔ of its capacity. Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until done. to check the done-ness, a tooth pick inserted int he center of the muffin, should come out clean.
- Remove the muffins on to a wire tray and let it cool completely.
- Whisk together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. To this add the crushed kit-kat and mix. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of sugar syrup on each of the muffin prior to frosting.
- Take the prepared frosting in a piping bag, i didn't use any nozzle, i just sniped the bag-end and piped. If you prefer, use any piping nozzle of your choice to dress up the muffin.
- If doing like mine, take the frosting in a ready-made piping bag, snip off the end, pipe swirls on the muffin. Garnish it with half a kit-kat wafer and serve.
- I added only ½ cup sugar while baking, thinking the kit-kat will add more sweetness to the muffins. But no, so please do not reduce the sugar. That is why i added some sugar syrup while frosting.
This is for "Srivalli's Kid's Delight event, guest hosted by Gayathri, themed on Mini Baked Goodies.
These cupcakes look so pretty Priya. It sure would be every kid's fav because of the chocolate and kit kat.
Just look at them! No wonder why you were tempted... I would have eaten at least two considering I love Kit Kat... 🙂
Pretty cupcakes. very nice
Really super tempting cant take my eyes from those cupcakes.. Fantastic job Priya.
Lovely presentation of the cupcakes Priya. They look soooo delicious.
Yummy cupcakes Priya. I love the way you have presented them.And I hope I don't go dannggg.
Those tempting kitkat cupcakes sound like kid magnets. 🙂
Kids will definitely love these cup cakes.
I can literally imagine you running up to bake Priya..wow those look super cute!