Source : Spicing your life
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat flour (i used chapathi flour/atta)
1/4 cup All purpose flour
1/3 rd tin of Sweetened Condensed milk (lil less than 1/2 tin used in original recipe)
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 Cup Orange juice, freshly squeezed
1/ cup Melted unsalted butter
2 tbsp Choco chip (the original recipe used 1/2 cup)
1 tbsp choco chips for topping the muffins (i used a mix of peanut butter and cinnamon chips)
- Take both the flours, baking powder in a wide bowl. Whisk well to combine. Add choco chips to this and mix well.
- In another cup/bowl, take condensed milk, orange juice and butter, mix well. Add the liquid the flour, mix using a spatula. The batter might be loose while mixing, but once it is well incorporated, it will be fine.
- Use a spatula and mix gently, swirling in one direction. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes for the Orange juice to react well with baking powder.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare teh muffin pan, grease or line it with parchment paper. I used my 4-cup mini bundt pan for this. I line it with alu-foil. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, fill it 3/4 th full.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Take it out of the oven, move it to a wire rack, let it cool a bit, serve warm.
- Since i lined them with alu-foil, i gently removed the foil once i moved them to the wire rack.