When i baked a sugarless pear bread for the #Breadbakers, i wanted to my kids to taste it, though my elder tried a slice, he immediately sensed the fruit in the bread, because i processed the fruit with the peel, there was this slight crunch of that peel. Since Brother monkey didn’t wanted to try another slice, the lil monkey followed. Most of the bakes i made this bake-a-thon, were done with kids in mind. But the pear bread i made with dates was such a delight to our taste buds, i wanted to bake one with chocoalte for them.
So for this muffins, i carefully peeled the fruit and processed it with some dates. And also added vanilla and choco chips. The muffins are a big hit, my elder one is enjoying it for his snack for the past 2 days. I havent told them yet that is has the same fruit, it is chocolate that made the trick. Do try, and i bet your kiddos too would enjoy them and you too can sneak a piece or even two!
1 cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal, mixed with ¼ cup warm water
3 nos pears
12 nos soft dates
2 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup oil
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a muffin pan with liners. I got around 10 muffins from the above measurement. Used a 6-hole muffin pan and 4 silicon moulds.
- Wash and peel the pears. Chop them into rough chunks, pit the dates. Take the chopped pears and pitted dates in a mixer, blend them into smooth paste. Mix flaxseed meal with warm water and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove this paste to a separate bowl, add flax egg to this, along with oil,vanilla extract and honey. Whisk this mixture well to combine.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda. Add this dry mix tot he wet mix in batches and use a spatuala to mix the contents together. Take care not to mix vigorously, mix in single direction.
- Dump in the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, fill ¾th of each hole and bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, let it sit for 5 minutes and take them off the muffin pan and let it cool on the wire rack. Serve them warm and enjoy guilt-free.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon
Dates, honey and pears, just prefect to bake as sugarless bakes na. Well done Priya and those muffins looks absolutely stunning with beautiful moist crumb.
So many wonderful ingredients have gone it and the muffins have a perfect dome. I really wonder how kids find out what's gone in. This time though my MIL was insisting I make only chocolate as Boys eat only that, I just went ahead and did other flavours. I said there are others in the house to eat as well..hehehe…luckily my daughter and elder eat the plain ones as well.
Muffins sound quiet interesting and love the fact it has natural sweet and no added sugar.
You are becoming a pro at making such wonderful looking cakes with wholewheat! Totally love how it looks… I love bakes with pears, it feels like apple cake, but love that it is all grinded in and you won't even know the fruit in it.. the idea of sweetening it with dates is really good… totally amazing bake!
Hahaha, that you a a great way to make kids eat fruits. Add chocolate and they won't even sense other ingredients. The muffins look amazing with that beautiful dome Priya.
Wow, what a delicious way to sneak in fruit for the kids. They look so moist, soft and chocolaty. Sweetening with dates is a great idea.
Your bakes are always healthy and you really teach me how to feed healthy alternates for kids.. Lovely bake..
Pear and dates are great sweeteners. Both bread and muffin must taste great. They look great with the addition of chocolate.
love the addition of pear – muffins look so moist
The muffins look so tempting, perfectly baked and so chocolaty. Love these sugar free muffins with all the right nutrients in it..I really enjoy when kids love the bakes or food without complaining or knowing what has been sneaked in..
Wow..the dome looks so good. Such a wonderful recipe
Wow, look at those tops. The wheat muffins must have been tempting with the addition of fruits and chocolate.
OMG what healthy muffins they are , dates, pear whole wheat. Awesome and super duper yum.
Wow, dates, honey and pears in muffins looks so delicious and healthy. Beautiful clicks.
lovely combo of ingredients- healthy and tasty too.. great, inviting clicks and loved the addition of pear here…
Priya, love the idea of pairing pear and chocolate to make fruity muffins. With both dates and honey as natural sweeteners this makes the muffins healthy. Love this recipe.
Mayuri Patel recently posted…15+ Popular Indian Curries