I served them with fresh made curd cheese, with some pistachios and fresh banana. It tasted yum and the flavor of saffron in the bread makes it so rich and a royal treat.
1 cup All purpose flour
- Take both the flours, yeast, milk powder, saffron, cardamon powder and sugar in a large bowl whisk well to combine.
- Now slowly add water and knead to make a soft dough. When the flour holds together as a dough, take it to a flat kneading surface and knead for 5 minutes to get a smooth dough.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. Divide the dough into 6-7 portions. Roll each portion into a disc of 4-5 inches. Use flour if needed, I didn’t use any.
- Heat a flat tava, I used my cast iron pan, when it is hot enough, place the rolled bread on the hot tava.
- It will start puffin up, flip after a minute and cook the other side, spread a tsp of oil on top, sprinkle toasted sesame seeds and flip and cook for 2 seconds. Remove it on serving plate and serve it warm.
- Khamir bread is served with variety of toppings along. I served it with a spread of home-made labneh or hung curd, some chopped bananas and pistachios.