Ragi breakfast keeps you full for a longer time and prevents from snacking in-between.It has a much higher amount of dietary fiber compared to white rice and other grains. It is also a low fat cereal and most of the fats are in the unsaturated form. This makes it the best choice in grains for people trying to lose weight. Though ragi is a carbohydrate rich food , it is all complex carbohydrates, which takes more time to be break down, so it releases glucose slowly into the blood stream and maintains your sugar level.
- In a large bowl, take both the flours, add salt and whisk well to combine.
- Add chopped onion, chopped chilies, coriander and curry leaves, add water and make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Heat a Flat pan/tava, when it is hot, add 2 drops of gingely oil, wipe out with a tissue or a cut onion. Pour a laddle of batter in the centre of the pan/tava, spread it a little, but not too thin.
- Dot the edges with little gingely oil, let it cook for a second or two , flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Remove it from the flame and serve it hot with Chutney/Sambhar.