Coming to today’s recipe, these truffles i made long ago, not knowing, that they belong to Bengali Cuisine. Originally thought of posting it for Next week’s theme. While Blog-hopping, looking for Bengali Recipes, i came across these truffles @ Ishita’s Space. Since today i couldn’t manage to do what i intended to do, i thought i will post this today!!! Sigh!!!
You can read some more about this Wonderful Cuisine @ Kolkatta’s Sweetest Season
- In a Microwave Safe Pan/Bowl, Take the Almonds Silvers, add a drop of oil and Cook @ Microwave for a minute or two, for it to roast. In my Microwave, for this amount it takes a Minute to roast. Every Microwave works different, so cook accordingly.
- In Another Microwave Safe Deep-Bowl, Take the Coconut and Date Syrup. Cook @ Microwave High for 6 minutes. Taking the Bowl out. after Every 1 minute and Stirring well. After the first 3 minutes, the mixture might look runny, don’t worry, Keep Cooking, it will start thickening.
- After the first 6 minutes, the mixture will be medium thick, now add the chopped pears to this and Mix well. Cook @ Microwave high for another 3 minutes, taking out after every 1 minute and stirring.
- After this add Crushed Cardamom and chopped almonds, Cook @ Microwave high for another 2-3 minutes, for the mixture to come together.
- Take it out of the oven, let it sit for 4-5 minutes and Cool. Make Golf-size balls out of it and if needed you can roll it on some fresh coconut. But i skipped that, as such they tasted Good.
- Store it in an Air-tight Container in the Refrigerator. It will stay good for a week, mine got over in 2-3 days.