Pizza sandwich, the name says it all, pizza flavors in sandwich. A scrumptious filling of choicest vegetables with cheese, toasted to perfection.
Who doesn’t like pizza? Both my kiddos love pizza so much that we have a pizza night every fortnight at home. They get to chose what goes on the pizza. Since they both don’t like much veggies on theirs, it is usually just onions and cheese.
So, when i asked them how about making a pizza sandwich for breakfast they both jumped in joy. But with one condition not much veggies, we decided on onion, tomatoes, corn and loads of cheese.
Pizza sandwich is a filling breakfast or a great after school snack for kids. I would prefer serving them warm than packing in their lunch boxes. If you are kids are grown enough then you can pack the ingredients in their lunch box so they can assemble their own sandwiches.
These sandwiches are great snack for adults too, while making for me and my hubby i add more veggies. up the spice a little and go little easy on the cheese. These pizza sandwiches can be a great hit at parties, cut them into 4 and serve them as appetizer to spice up your party.
- Bread, i have used store-bought bread, i have tried this with white/brown/multigrain/seeded bread. They taste delicious with all of it.
- Pizza sauce, i have two different sauce recipes, Neapolitan sauce and simple pizza sauce. I have also tried it with Plain tomato sauce.
- Vegetables, add any veggie of your choice.i have used onions, tomatoes and corn
- Cheese, i have used cheddar and mozzarella. Go crazy and enjoy your sandwich with oodles of cheese
- Spices, i have kept it simple with red chili flakes and oregano
- 4 slices bread white bread/brown/multigrain/seeded
- ¼ cup pizza sauce i used jalapeno tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 3 tablespoon corn i have used frozen corn
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- oregano as needed
- red chilli flakes as needed
- butter for toasting
- Take corn in a microwave safe mug, add ¼ cup of water and little salt. Microwave high for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Assembling the sandwich
- Smear pizza sauce or tomato sauce on both slices of bread, add 2 teaspoon of chopped onion, 2 teaspoon of chopped tomato, 2 teaspoon of boiled corn.
- Sprinkle oregano and red chili flakes, top it with a slice of mozzarella cheese and half a slice of cheddar. close it with another bread slice.
- Toast the sandwich brown and crisp on both sides with little butter. Serve warm.
If you have tried this recipe and like it, give it a star rating or let me know in the comments below. You could also share it with me on Instagram using #icampinmmykitchen and tagging me @priyasrinivasan
You could follow me and my recipes on Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | twitter
Some Interesting Sandwich recipes
- Apple-pie Sandwich
- Aloo Sandwich
- Banana Honey Walnut Sandwich
- Labneh Sandwich
- Halloumi & Fig Sandwich
- Chutney & Cheese sandwich
- Halloumi sandwich with olives & Red pepper
- Roasted aubergine, Mozzarella & Tomatoes Sandwich