This Rice is an inspiration from Suma’s Cilantro-Carrot Rice. Instead of, Cilantro, i have used Coriander. The Rice was very flavorful and Spicy. We didn’t feel like having any side-dish with the rice, Plain Yogurt was suffice.
3 Cups Cooked Rice
2 Medium Carrots, Peeled and Grated
1/2 Cup Frozen Peas
1 medium onion, chopped
Salt to taste
2 Fistful of Fresh Mint Leaves
3 Green Chillies
2 cloves of Garlic
1 inch Ginger
1 tbsp Freshly grated coconut
- Grind the ingredients under “To Grind” in a Mixer to a fine paste with 1/4 Cup Water.
- Heat a Non-Stick Pan, splutter cumin seeds/jeera, add onions and saute till translucent.
- Add Carrots and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground paste and Peas and mix well. Let it cook until all the liquid is absorbed. Add salt and mix well.
- Take it off the flame. Add the Cooked Rice and Mix well. Serve Warm.