1 Medium-sized potato, yield 10-12 1 inch cubes
1 bunch of palak, yield 1.5 cups of chopped leaves
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp salt or to taste
1 tbsp gingely oil/or any cooking oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 red chilies, i used long variety
a pinch of hing
- Wash, peel, and chop potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Wash and chop the palak leavses. 1 bunch of leaves when chopped yield about 1.5 cups of loosely packed leaves.
- Heat a pan, add oil given under ‘Tempering’, when it is hot, crackle cumin and add chilies followed by chopped onion and saute until onions turn translucent.
- Next add chopped potatoes, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and add 2 tbsp of e water and reduce the flame. Cover and cook until potatoes are done. It will take around 8-10 minutes, depending the size of the potatoes. Take care not to burn them, sprinkle water if you feel the potatoes are getting burnt.
- Once the potatoes are done, add the chopped palak leaves, garam masala and salt. Mix well and saute for another 8-10 minutes.
- Take it off the stove and serve with roti. I had them with roti and tindli and carrot pickle and cucumber mint lassi.